Windows 10: explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

Discus and support explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft team,I hope this message finds you well. I'm an enthusiastic and committed user of your products, but I've recently come across a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MoXuePiaoYing, Feb 20, 2024.

1. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

Dear Microsoft team,I hope this message finds you well. I'm an enthusiastic and committed user of your products, but I've recently come across a concerning issue that I and others in the community would appreciate your immediate attention to.In the latest operating system update, we've noticed an oddity with the file explorer.exe, particularly in relation to its timestamp. The COFF information attached to the file stated the date of compilation to be in the year 2085, which I'm sure doesn't align with our current year 2024, therefore suggesting a false timestamp.Moreover, various antivirus sof

:)

MoXuePiaoYing, Feb 20, 2024
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Does Microsoft still recommend other Antivirus software?

I do not see the word "recommend" on that page, or even "suggest."

I see "Should you wish to explore alternatives ..." and the reason for that is clearly stated:

"Hackers and scammers sometimes use fake antimalware software to trick you into installing viruses or malware on your computer ... the reputable security companies listed below provide consumer security software that is compatible with Windows."

BulldogXX, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Martmcd, Feb 20, 2024
  4. kavi6233 Win User

explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

Chinese Fakes

Hello, it has been some time now that China is faking every models that nokia is releasing.

These **bleep**ing mobiles are sold at $100(N95).!!!!

People are still buying these **bleep**!

Is it not time for nokia to sue these chinese **bleep** or relocate its factories in a more positive minded environment/country?

Does the chinese pay a royalty to use the design or even the name?

I think copying from other's ideas is called "innovation" in china!

Moderator's note: Post edited to remove a potentially offensive word.

Message Edited by concordia on 29-May-2009 03:52 PM

kavi6233, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

1. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software - Similar Threads - explorer exe fake

2. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software: Dear Microsoft team,I hope this message finds you well. I'm an enthusiastic and committed user of your products, but I've recently come across a concerning issue that I and others in the community would appreciate your immediate attention to.In the latest operating system...
  3. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software: Dear Microsoft team,I hope this message finds you well. I'm an enthusiastic and committed user of your products, but I've recently come across a concerning issue that I and others in the community would appreciate your immediate attention to.In the latest operating system...
  4. Malware with faked timestamps on the rise to bypass Windows protections

in Windows 10 News
    Malware with faked timestamps on the rise to bypass Windows protections: Microsoft banned more 100 signed malicious Windows drivers just last week after it was informed that malicious actors had joined the company's Windows Hardware Developer Program to create signed drivers with malware. Security researchers at Cisco Talos Intelligence have now...
  5. Antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus software: Do I need to install McAfee antivirus software on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/3667e4d1-d994-4275-83fb-11cefce745b7
  6. antivirus software

antivirus software: Having used Norton, then McAfee and most recently Bitdefender in WIndows 10, I am back to Windows Defender. The vendors are apparently in a battle to add features, including VPN and backup, taking on wifi monitoring, and generally making it more difficult for me to work. I am...
  7. antivirus software

antivirus software: I have deleted by antivirus software ,so can i get my antivirus software which i deleted . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/5b7ef14e-0f9a-40e5-962a-42d86f1f5186
  8. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Does Windows 10 need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/e19871f3-f6a6-46f2-8952-e907b32d914c"
  9. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Do I need to buy antivirus software to protect my laptop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/3b20fd6e-b571-4331-8735-ee96256c299a"
  10. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: I have two antivirus software running on my computer. How do I turn one off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/e132a80b-2d74-401f-8f6e-dfe9579f1d2b"