Windows 10: Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

Discus and support Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We've been having a strange problem related to 802.1x authentication using internal CA certificates against a wireless network that uses 802.1x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ronnieshih, Oct 1, 2024 at 2:22 PM.

1. Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

We've been having a strange problem related to 802.1x authentication using internal CA certificates against a wireless network that uses 802.1x authentication. Most of the computers don't have issues but this problem crops up on newly setup machines which have acquired internal certs for 802.1X authentication recently. The Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C pops up from the endpoint Windows 11 pc end. On the Windows NPS RADIUS server side, we see eventlog ID 6273 "Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch. Either the user name provided does not map to an existing user account or t

:)

2. Windows 10 802.1x EAP-TEAP user re-authentication not working

Hello all,

We're trying to setup a 802.1x EAP-TEAP (EAP-TLS, EAP-TLS) environment for our Windows 10 computers in a MS AD domain.

The issue we're facing is when loggin in with user credentials, the WLAN Autoconfig log shows nothing and the NIC doens't re-authenticate. This results in a computer that is only machine authenticated but the user is logged in. I assume that the user login is using cached password in this scenario.

Onced logged in, we can then disconnect and reconnect to our WIFI and at this point the the authentication works with user+machine authentication.

Anyone has any ideas to what could cause this issue?

BR

Claus

Claus Juhl Pedersen, Oct 1, 2024 at 2:32 PM
  3. Windows 10: Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) - 802.1x Authentication Credentials (User Authentication) are lost after updates every time

We are using the Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) Network Authentication with CISCO ISE to authenticate endpoints in our campus.

Every time after the installing updates on Windows 10 Computers, the 802.1x authentication credentials (User Authentication) saved on the clients are lost. We need to replace the username / password to successfully connect the client to the network.

After thorough examination, the Cisco Support team concluded that the the authentication credentials on windows 10 are either lost or altered during/after the installing the updates.

Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Sanjailal K P, Oct 1, 2024 at 2:32 PM
  4. amimba09 Win User

Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

error in wifi connection - Shows EAP -SIM AUTHENTICATION FAILED

I have nokia E-63, shows in error of wlfi - as EAP - Sim Authentication Failed, please resolved the issue.

Thema:

Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

1. Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on... - Similar Threads - Explicit EAP error

2. Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...: We've been having a strange problem related to 802.1x authentication using internal CA certificates against a wireless network that uses 802.1x authentication. Most of the computers don't have issues but this problem crops up on newly setup machines which have acquired...
  3. Windows 10 802.1x EAP-TEAP user re-authentication not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 802.1x EAP-TEAP user re-authentication not working: Hello all,We're trying to setup a 802.1x EAP-TEAP EAP-TLS, EAP-TLS environment for our Windows 10 computers in a MS AD domain.The issue we're facing is when loggin in with user credentials, the WLAN Autoconfig log shows nothing and the NIC doens't re-authenticate. This...
  4. Windows 10 802.1x EAP-TEAP user re-authentication not working

Windows 10 802.1x EAP-TEAP user re-authentication not working: Hello all,We're trying to setup a 802.1x EAP-TEAP EAP-TLS, EAP-TLS environment for our Windows 10 computers in a MS AD domain.The issue we're facing is when loggin in with user credentials, the WLAN Autoconfig log shows nothing and the NIC doens't re-authenticate. This...
  5. Windows 10 802.1x EAP-TEAP user re-authentication not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to include explicit credentials in a EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPv2 Passpoint profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to include explicit credentials in a EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPv2 Passpoint profile?: Hi everyone,I'm trying to build and install a Passpoint profile for Microsoft.I'm able to sign the document and install it via the provisioning href as per https://learn.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/win32/nativewifi/prov-wifi-profile-via-websiteI'm trying to authenticate on an...
  7. How to include explicit credentials in a EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPv2 Passpoint profile?

How to include explicit credentials in a EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPv2 Passpoint profile?: Hi everyone,I'm trying to build and install a Passpoint profile for Microsoft.I'm able to sign the document and install it via the provisioning href as per https://learn.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/win32/nativewifi/prov-wifi-profile-via-websiteI'm trying to authenticate on an...
  8. Install failing, but not explicitly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install failing, but not explicitly: I have been trying to install Windows 10 on a second drive for about two days. My main OS at this time is Manjaro Linux, but I want to play some of my games with high performance on windows. I have a spare hard drive I was planning to install it on, but for some reason it...
  9. Windows 10: Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) - 802.1x Authentication Credentials (User...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) - 802.1x Authentication Credentials (User...: We are using the Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) Network Authentication with CISCO ISE to authenticate endpoints in our campus. Every time after the installing updates on Windows 10 Computers, the 802.1x authentication credentials (User Authentication) saved on the clients...
  10. User EAP-TLS authentication for the first time

in Windows 10 Customization
    User EAP-TLS authentication for the first time: Hi community, we are trying to develop 802.1X authentication to the network (LAN and WLAN) using the native Windows supplicant. The recommendation for the internal security department is to use certificates from the authentication. Second requirement is to have a user...