Windows 10: Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

Discus and support Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. I never want my screen or computer to sleep or turn off on its own.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alistair Redmond, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. I never want my screen or computer to sleep or turn off on its own. Yet it keeps resetting to after 15 minutes turn screen off.I have altered power power plan settings, I have created new power plans several times to stop this. I have all the settings set to never on windows settings and within control panel.It's not windows updates that reset this, I have checked specifically before installing and rebooting manually for updates that settings don't change. I have tried tracking specific timings, but it feels ran

:)

Alistair Redmond, Aug 1, 2023

2. Windows 10 Home Edition - Power settings reset with every Windows update

Thank you for the information. To further isolate the issue, we suggest checking the
    Additional power settings through Settings >
    System
    > Power & Sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Click the option Change when the computer sleeps located at the left side of the window and check if the option
      Put the computer to sleep is set to Never.
    • Click on the Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep option and make sure that Sleep after,
      Allow hybrid sleep, Hibernate after is set to
      , Off, Never.

Update us on the result.

Radney Dri, Aug 1, 2023
  3. RichardVV Win User
    Windows 10 Power Sleep: PC waking up during the day/night and not going back to sleep

Windows 10 Power Sleep: PC waking up during the day/night and not going back to sleep:

My HP Pavilion Desktop will go to sleep after I am finished as normal (whether walking away, signed out, switched user but not logged in to other user) after a while the pc will wake up and the monitor will turn on and stay on. Sometimes the monitor will
    go back to sleep but pc remains on. I have not been able to resolve this issue and has been occurring over months. PC will wake during the night and monitor will stay on and neither will go back to sleep. Have reset power settings to default monitor sleeps
    at 10 min, pc sleeps after 20 minutes. I know there are settings and software that can wake up a pc but I have not been able to find the list in Windows 10.

My pc is a 2018 HP Pavilion Desktop Windows 10 updated 64but AMD12 PC-570-p0xx and fully updated as of Sept 25th 2018.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

RichardVV, Aug 1, 2023
  4. Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

1. Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. - Similar Threads - Every single sometimes

2. My windows is getting updated every single day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows is getting updated every single day.: My windows is getting updated every single day. And also it is taking a long to update as well as restart .what will be the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-getting-updated-every-single-day/87d3c692-cd46-41c1-a2d6-876cd52bee93
  3. My windows is getting updated every single day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows is getting updated every single day.: My windows is getting updated every single day. And also it is taking a long to update as well as restart .what will be the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-getting-updated-every-single-day/87d3c692-cd46-41c1-a2d6-876cd52bee93
  4. My windows is getting updated every single day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.: Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. I never want my screen or computer to sleep or turn off on its own. Yet it keeps resetting to after 15 minutes turn screen off.I have altered power power plan settings, I have created new power...
  6. Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.: Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. I never want my screen or computer to sleep or turn off on its own. Yet it keeps resetting to after 15 minutes turn screen off.I have altered power power plan settings, I have created new power...
  7. Bsods and Blackscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and Blackscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY: i NEED HELP IM LOSING MY MINDdumpshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-83VhEQxi4W9lpDX0jle8cfuO7lU6FT9?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsods-and-blackscreen-every-single-day/85204fda-60f3-4e71-a307-afaea19010d0
  8. BSOD twice a day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD twice a day: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. Each BSOD it is either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Let me know what other info I can provide, I was working in Outlook and Excel when these crashes first occurred. I have...
  9. Bsod twice a day

Bsod twice a day: Hello, im runing win 10 pro V1909 I experience BSOD lately, about twice a day for the past week. attached is the log file, I would really appreciate your help with this! Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. thank you in advance!...
  10. BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.: Hello, im getting BSOD every day for a long period of time. im getting tired of all this can someone please help me, thanks, Baran 76267