Windows 10: Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem

Discus and support Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with Event Viewer. When I open it and start to examine or clear some logs, the Event Viewer suddenly shuts down on its own. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem

I'm having a problem with Event Viewer. When I open it and start to examine or clear some logs, the Event Viewer suddenly shuts down on its own. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

MesPia, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 3, 2019
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem

PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem

1. Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Shutting

2. hello i'm having a problem with the shutting down issue and i saw this on event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i'm having a problem with the shutting down issue and i saw this on event viewer: i havent getting this issue before and it is not restarting my pc but rather shutting down my whole pc whenever i play any games.level critical and level ID: 41 and task category 63Kernel-Powersystem has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. this error could be caused...
  3. hello i'm having a problem with the shutting down issue and i saw this on event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello i'm having a problem with the shutting down issue and i saw this on event viewer: i havent getting this issue before and it is not restarting my pc but rather shutting down my whole pc whenever i play any games.level critical and level ID: 41 and task category 63Kernel-Powersystem has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. this error could be caused...
  4. hello i'm having a problem with the shutting down issue and i saw this on event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event Viewer Problems...

Event Viewer Problems...: I just went into my Event Viewer and noticed a slew of problems that has been happening for a while now. The main issue I've seen is "Distributed COM" errors/warnings. Heres the details as copied from my Event Viewer...
  6. Event Viewer Problems...

Event Viewer Problems...: I just went into my Event Viewer and noticed a slew of problems that has been happening for a while now. The main issue I've seen is "Distributed COM" errors/warnings. Heres the details as copied from my Event Viewer...
  7. Event viewer problem

Event viewer problem: I ran into a problem yesterday in event veawer if anyone could help me to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-problem/8ef3a589-909e-4f1f-a0a5-f49fba67c91e
  8. Event viewer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer problem: I ran into a problem yesterday in event veawer if anyone could help me to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-problem/8ef3a589-909e-4f1f-a0a5-f49fba67c91e
  9. Event viewer problem

10. Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly: I frequently have a problem with the Event Viewer. After opening it and viewing one of the log files (typically Windows Logs>Application), the Event Viewer will suddenly just close on its own. Any ideas how to fix this?...