Windows 10: .etl files

Discus and support .etl files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Folkhedd, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Folkhedd Win User

.etl files

Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior to February 4 this had Never been an issue and now it's like a cancer. Can anyone tell me how to put an end to this? Thank you.

:)

Folkhedd, Feb 9, 2024

2. etl file

I’ve checked the system and found System.1.etl file in disk C. I don’t know if this file is important. What can happen if I delete it?

AntonioHernandez9, Feb 9, 2024
  3. Horace Wiggins, Feb 9, 2024
  4. WilliamDz Win User

.etl files

Can this ETL file be deleted?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William, I’m an Independent Advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

ETL files are known as Event Tracing Logs. Yes, it can be deleted, but without know what program is creating that event file, it may come back. I have not been able to find any information on gemma ETL files, but they do ring a bell, just can't recall what
    it is except that it is not native to Windows.

WilliamDz, Feb 9, 2024
Thema:

.etl files

1. .etl files - Similar Threads - etl files

2. .etl files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  3. .etl files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  4. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  5. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  6. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. what program opens .etl files in windows temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what program opens .etl files in windows temp: what program opens .etl files in windows temp, can they be deleted daily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-program-opens-etl-files-in-windows-temp/b5b038bd-f134-4bab-94e0-5c94cb2c58e0
  8. Can this ETL file be deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can this ETL file be deleted?: I am running Windows 10 Home X64. I have an ETL file, in the root of C:\, that is over 23gb in size. It is the "gemmauf.etl" file. How important is this file? Is it safe to delete this file especially, since it is taking up a lot of disk space?...
  9. SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?: My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and found that they are event files that accumulate. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a larger SSD with this machine. In any...
  10. SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?: My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and found that they are event files that accumulate. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a larger SSD with this machine. In any...