Windows 10: Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

Discus and support Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Buhhhh, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Buhhhh Win User

Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were already up to date, restarting the router, restarting and updating my computer, disabling and enabling the adapter with device manager, and manually setting a DNS, none of which solved the problem. I am unable to use the diagnose/troubleshoot function because I receive an error with code 0x80004005, source Command Line, co

:)

Buhhhh, Jul 16, 2022

2. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

infinityxo1, Jul 16, 2022
  3. coffent Win User
    How to connect to an existing wifi network?

As you suggested, I tried disabling the ethernet adapter and that caused wi-fi to connect, so the desktop wifi does work. Also, I accessed the router and changed the wireless network name (to wfCHS). Thanks!

However many problems are still unresolved:

My laptop behaves just as I want it to. Assuming the router has wifi turned on and the laptop has an ethernet connection, connection to the internet is by ethernet (no private network name), and the wi-fi connection is to my private network "wfCHS", but with no connection to the internet. (If I disconnect the ethernet cable, then wfCHS becomes connected to the internet and stays that way even if I reconnect the cable.) A directory listing shows both laptop and desktop under "Network". Great!

Things are rather different with the desktop. With Ethernet disabled, the desktop shows a wi-fi connection to the internet. Under Settings > Status it's called "wfCHS" but under Network Connections it's called wfCHS2. If I then re-enable the ethernet connection, the wifi connection stays enabled for a minute or two, then disconnects. Further, the ethernet connection is given the name wfCHS2 under both Status and Network Connections.

Why does the desktop give an (unwanted) name to the ethernet connection while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop disconnect its wi-fi connection a minute or so after the ethernet connection is enabled, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop give two different names to the wifi connection, depending on whether it's viewed under Status or Network Connections, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the laptop show the desktop under Network, while the desktop shows only itself?

Things are so convoluted that I'd be happy to start over. I've had the desktop "forget" the wi-fi connection as you suggested, then re-established it, but this hasn't helped. Can the ethernet connection also be "forgotten"?

Really appreciate the help you've given so far!

coffent, Jul 16, 2022
  4. shellz187 Win User

Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home

My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem
    Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every 30 seconds sometimes a little sooner or a little later

( I have TWC or Spectrum now lol ) When it's on wireless wifi my internet is fine

I think the problem lies in the Properties of (TCP/IPv4) or (TCP/IPv6 )
    and has something to do with DNS or DHCP but I am not sure

I tried unplugging all the cables and restarting the modem and computer this doesn't work neither did the trouble shooting, my Windows 8.1 laptop does not give me this problem

I already did the netsh wlan show wlanreport in command, also I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew in the command window but still the same problem after restarting

If you have any idea how to fix this send me an email I can also call you it would be greatly appreciated!

Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem. [​IMG]

Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem. [​IMG]

shellz187, Jul 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem. - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable connected

2. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.: I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were...
  3. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.: I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were...
  4. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  5. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  6. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

7. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable: Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this happens, the wifi options will disappear. This has been getting worst recently, and now my wifi does not work at all. The intel...
  8. The Ethernet cable won’t connect and it says identifying no internet. It won’t connect to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Ethernet cable won’t connect and it says identifying no internet. It won’t connect to...: Please help submitted by /u/ComradePeePeePooPoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz42qx/the_ethernet_cable_wont_connect_and_it_says/
  9. ethernet identifying, not connected no internet

ethernet identifying, not connected no internet: hello, dell 755 OptiPlex, att dsl, ethernet shows indentifying/no internet not connected, I have checked cable/reset adaptor/also uninstalled driver and adaptor, trouble shooting reads invalid ip configuration/have a wifi usb works. have tried many commands also...
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...