Windows 10: Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

Discus and support Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, one question pls, i become this error if i run the powershell query get-printer on one computer:but it's no problem, if i run get-cimInstance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sun_999, Jul 11, 2024.

1. Sun_999 Win User

Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

Hello, one question pls, i become this error if i run the powershell query get-printer on one computer:but it's no problem, if i run get-cimInstance win32_printer. i tried to repair wmi, but still error. Anyone knows what`s wrong. Thanks

:)

Sun_999, Jul 11, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jul 11, 2024
  3. PiKo Win User
    win10 sez no drivers for brither hl5040 printer

To be sure that you followed my suggestion correctly, I will specify some steps: CP>devices and printers>add a printer>the printer that I want isn't listed>add a local printer with manual settings>define port>Windows update and install

4. DyOsm Win User

Deleting network printer with powershell on domain PC client

Hi there,

I was able to install or delete a network printer for all users using the utility printui.exe so
    that whenever a user login on the computer, he or she has access to the printer. Now, I'd like to do the equivalent in powershell using Get-WMIObject -Class Win32_Printer and the Delete() method. However, the printer keeps is not deleted for all users and
    when I tried to restart the spooler, the printer reinstalls itself.

I don't know it counts for something(it probably does) but even when the printers are gone, there seems to be traces of them in the registries.

Anybody can help me with that?

thx.

DyOsm, Jul 11, 2024
Thema:

1. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer - Similar Threads - Error Powershell printer

2. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer: Hello, one question pls, i become this error if i run the powershell query get-printer on one computer:but it's no problem, if i run get-cimInstance win32_printer. i tried to repair wmi, but still error. Anyone knows what`s wrong. Thanks...
  3. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer: Hello, one question pls, i become this error if i run the powershell query get-printer on one computer:but it's no problem, if i run get-cimInstance win32_printer. i tried to repair wmi, but still error. Anyone knows what`s wrong. Thanks...
  4. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

7. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

8. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Error with Powershell get-printer but with get-CimInstance win32_Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. i'm getting printer error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i'm getting printer error: Does mirosoft help fix printer errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-printer-error/2bddda54-11ff-45ad-bbc8-4ec7721da68e