Windows 10: Error running game with DirectX

Discus and support Error running game with DirectX in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leo_:0, May 22, 2023.

1. Leo_:0 Win User

Error running game with DirectX

I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be version 11 or later."So, I checked, and my PC says that I have DirectX 12. By the way, I use Windows 11.What should I do? I'm not really a tech person adn this has never been a problem on my PC, but this is my laptop.

:)

Leo_:0, May 22, 2023
  2. IAmChunLi Win User

DirectX errors when running old games

Hi,

I have tried compatibility mode and downloading all the DirectX versions as suggested below but still the same.

Note that these games can run when connected to the onboard graphics but not when connected via my recent graphics card. And it only seems to apply to old games (i.e. pre-DirectX 10).

I wonder if Windows is not able to send these DX calls to the PCI-E graphics card? Is there a way to check?

IAmChunLi, May 22, 2023
  3. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX - Microsoft Support

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, May 22, 2023
  4. Error running game with DirectX

Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"
    I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I fix this? (Or how do I downgrade to DirectX 11)

George Smith1, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Error running game with DirectX

1. Error running game with DirectX - Similar Threads - Error running game

2. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  3. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  4. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  5. DirectX's error in middle of the game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX's error in middle of the game: Hi, I have already done most of YouTube solutions from reinstalling game and windows or run game with admin But I have not seen any error recorded in Event Viewer so far first is the information in text===================================================Fault bucket...
  6. DirectX's error in middle of the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX's error in middle of the game: Hi, I have already done most of YouTube solutions from reinstalling game and windows or run game with admin But I have not seen any error recorded in Event Viewer so far first is the information in text===================================================Fault bucket...
  7. DirectX's error in middle of the game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Issue with running DirectX 10/11 Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with running DirectX 10/11 Games: Well, I have old graphics card but it's support DirectX 11 ASUS with NVIDIA GeForce 210 chipset.Every DirectX 10/11 game installed just show me a error saying "DirectX feature level 11.0 required to play the game" and so on, i checked dxdiag and as usual DX12 is installed by...
  9. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games will not run on DirectX 12: Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games-will-not-run-on-directx-12/7239a46a-98ab-42d4-880e-beb9b0475edf
  10. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...