Windows 10: Error message after uninstalling oneDrive from "installed app" tab

Discus and support Error message after uninstalling oneDrive from "installed app" tab in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime I open any office file it says:"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andy Sun1, Sep 6, 2024.

1. Andy Sun1 Win User

Error message after uninstalling oneDrive from "installed app" tab

Everytime I open any office file it says:"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default App Setting page."I have default app set already. I have full access to office. I can open these files but any action like save/print/rename will trigger this error.

:)

Andy Sun1, Sep 6, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 6, 2024
  3. TRIXX error message on loading

Got a bluescreen on a bad Cpu overclock that corrupted the video drivers, so I uninstalled and re-installed all the AMD CCC pkg. Now when I try to activate TRIXX, I get the following error message: "Could not create driver file (C:\Program Files (X86)\Sapphire TRIXX\|\Temp\\TRIXX.sys contains an incorrect path )".

Worked fine before the bluescreen. uninstalled and re-installed the 4 latest versions, including the 4.0 that was working. One thing for sure, there isn't a TRIXX.sys file anywhere in the computer.

Installed msi afterburner to see if it worked, and it did. (then uninstalled it)

(see my system specs for details)

Anybody got a suggestion ??

Thanks-

AngryChief, Sep 6, 2024
  4. eve wang Win User

Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive - Microsoft Support

eve wang, Sep 6, 2024
Thema:

1. Error message after uninstalling oneDrive from "installed app" tab - Similar Threads - Error message uninstalling

2. Error message after uninstalling oneDrive from "installed app" tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message after uninstalling oneDrive from "installed app" tab: Everytime I open any office file it says:"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default App Setting page."I have default app set already. I have full...
  3. I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...: I don't want Onedrive. I certainly don't want it synching across computers... or moving my files around. I initially tried unlinking it to this computer but it was still moving files into the onedrive folder so I uninstalled it and emptied the folder. I couldn't delete the...
  4. I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...

I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...: I don't want Onedrive. I certainly don't want it synching across computers... or moving my files around. I initially tried unlinking it to this computer but it was still moving files into the onedrive folder so I uninstalled it and emptied the folder. I couldn't delete the...
  5. OneDrive error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive error message: I have been getting an error message that my OneDrive is not accessible. Was there an upgrade issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-message/6c13468a-a569-4394-98d5-4af9abb9ec15
  6. OneDrive: Getting error message that OneDrive Application not found. Tried to uninstall and...

OneDrive: Getting error message that OneDrive Application not found. Tried to uninstall and...: Also tried using the taskkill instructions from previous threads, but receive a message that says, "process not found." After that, tried the command: %SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall ---per instructions and get a message that says it is not recognized as...
  7. error message when installing an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error message when installing an app: I recently attempted to install a program Motorola Radio Programmer on my Surface Windows 10. The installation was almost complete when my battery died. I plugged the Surface in and restarted the installation. Then I get an error message that the program is installed already...
  8. error message when installing an app

error message when installing an app: I recently attempted to install a program Motorola Radio Programmer on my Surface Windows 10. The installation was almost complete when my battery died. I plugged the Surface in and restarted the installation. Then I get an error message that the program is installed already...
  9. How to re-install OneDrive app on my SurfacePro 4 after uninstalling this app?

How to re-install OneDrive app on my SurfacePro 4 after uninstalling this app?: I have 365 on my tablet PC, and I uninstalled the OneDrive apps in anticipation of taking it to repair for a battery replacement. Now I don't know how to restore this OneDrive app....
  10. How to uninstall or remove messaging app

How to uninstall or remove messaging app: I have no idea why I have Messenger on my laptop. I did not download this app and it will not work on my laptop. Also my computer does not give me the option to delete the app. Does anyone have any suggestions?????? Moved from Skype...