Windows 10: Error code 0x8007017C when moving files from OneDrive to SD Card

Discus and support Error code 0x8007017C when moving files from OneDrive to SD Card in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was having sync issues with my personal and one of my work accounts in OneDrive so I decided to reset my OneDrive, which made the two accounts get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aebec17, Aug 3, 2024.

1. aebec17 Win User

Error code 0x8007017C when moving files from OneDrive to SD Card

I was having sync issues with my personal and one of my work accounts in OneDrive so I decided to reset my OneDrive, which made the two accounts get stuck on the resetting status. I was transferring a large amount of photos from SD Cards because I got back from a trip recently, and I found that I'd run out of storage space on my local drive and since the syncing files save there, I guessed that the accounts were stuck because there wasn't anywhere to put the syncing files. I tried moving some of these files back to the SD card, and some went through, but now I am getting the 0x8007017C error w

:)

aebec17, Aug 3, 2024

2. Error Code 0x8007017C

Running Windows 10 receiving this error when trying to access many basic file types like jpg, png and gif. Searched the community forums and listed error codes and have not found any info on this specific code. The full message reads:

Interrupted Action

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x8007017C

[File name]

Item type: PNG file

Size: 2.24 MB

Availability status: Syncing

((lark00033, Aug 3, 2024
  3. Windows 11, Onedrive and Error code 0x8007017C

I have saved my Windows 11 Customised Ribbons and Quick Access toolbars for Excel and Word in OneDrive. When I try to import them after reinstalling Windows 11, I receive Error code 0x8007017C and the message that they are not available. I have tried the solution for this error code in a previous thread relating to Windows 10 -- Windows key+R and %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset -- but I receive the message that Windows can't find this command. The alternative solution given in the thread related to Windows 10 -- to unlink OneDrive from the computer by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon and selecting Unlink -- also does not work, because right-clicking on the OneDrive icon does not include the option to select Unlink. How do I overcome the error code in Windows 11?

Harold Luntz, Aug 3, 2024
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Move apps between SD Cards

Hello Lemol-C:

You can certainly provide us with any feature requrests you like here,
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
    . This process of moving content from the SD card is something that can be done. In your case this looks to be an issue with the files being corrupted or steps being missed.

Since the process's we discussed here did not work for you consider the following if you make this change again some time. Move as many of the apps from your SD card to your phone storage as you can. Remove the SD card from your phone and insert the new
    SD card. Move the apps on the phone storage to the new SD card and repeat the process. Each time you remove the SD card, be sure to follow the safe removal steps to further ensure you do not damage the files on the SD card.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 3, 2024
Thema:

1. Error code 0x8007017C when moving files from OneDrive to SD Card - Similar Threads - Error code 0x8007017C

2. Error code 0x8007017C when moving files from OneDrive to SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x8007017C when moving files from OneDrive to SD Card: I was having sync issues with my personal and one of my work accounts in OneDrive so I decided to reset my OneDrive, which made the two accounts get stuck on the resetting status. I was transferring a large amount of photos from SD Cards because I got back from a trip...
  3. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  4. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  5. Windows 11, Onedrive and Error code 0x8007017C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Onedrive and Error code 0x8007017C: I have saved my Windows 11 Customised Ribbons and Quick Access toolbars for Excel and Word in OneDrive. When I try to import them after reinstalling Windows 11, I receive Error code 0x8007017C and the message that they are not available. I have tried the solution for this...
  6. Windows 11, Onedrive and Error code 0x8007017C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Onedrive and Error code 0x8007017C: I have saved my Windows 11 Customised Ribbons and Quick Access toolbars for Excel and Word in OneDrive. When I try to import them after reinstalling Windows 11, I receive Error code 0x8007017C and the message that they are not available. I have tried the solution for this...
  7. error code:0*80073d0d when moving app to SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error code:0*80073d0d when moving app to SD card: in my laptop I can't move app to my SD card storage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code080073d0d-when-moving-app-to-sd-card/0424253a-5d28-4c93-a4f7-f895fd37c9d0
  8. SD Card file system crash when moving files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card file system crash when moving files?: OS: Windows 10 64 Pro Hi, wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet). Problem: Whenever I move (RAW+jpeg) files from my (128 GB) SD card, the file system crashes at some point. Sometimes when all files are...
  9. SD Card file system crash when moving files?

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card file system crash when moving files?: OS: Windows 10 64 Pro Hi, wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet). Problem: Whenever I move (RAW+jpeg) files from my (128 GB) SD card, the file system crashes at some point. Sometimes when all files are...
  10. Error Code 0x8007017C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x8007017C: Running Windows 10 receiving this error when trying to access many basic file types like jpg, png and gif. Searched the community forums and listed error codes and have not found any info on this specific code. The full message reads: Interrupted Action An unexpected...