Windows 10: Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

Discus and support Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kirill Porev, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall electronnpm WARN cleanup Failed to remove some directories [npm WARN cleanup [npm WARN cleanup 'd:\\Development\\Apps\\Lumen-desktop\\node_modules\\.electron-Usm3DB1w',npm WARN cleanup [Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir 'd:\Development\Apps\Lumen-desktop\node_modules\.electron-Usm3DB1w\dist\resources']

:)

Kirill Porev, Dec 23, 2023

2. npm install -g expo-cli isn't installing. unlink file name

I'm trying to install expo-cli on my Windows 10 pc but I'm getting error again and again.

npm ERR! path C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md npm ERR! code EPERM npm ERR! errno -4048 npm ERR! syscall unlink npm ERR! Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md' npm ERR! { [Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md'] npm ERR! cause: npm ERR! { Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md' npm ERR! errno: -4048, npm ERR! code: 'EPERM', npm ERR! syscall: 'unlink', npm ERR! path: npm ERR! 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md' }, npm ERR! stack: npm ERR! 'Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink \'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md\'', npm ERR! errno: -4048, npm ERR! code: 'EPERM', npm ERR! syscall: 'unlink', npm ERR! path: npm ERR! 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\.staging\safe-buffer-033595a4\README.md', npm ERR! parent: 'expo-cli' } npm ERR! npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system. npm ERR! It's possible that the file was already in use (by a text editor or antivirus), npm ERR! or that you lack permissions to access it. npm ERR! npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator (though this is not recommended).

Harshit Dugar, Dec 23, 2023
  3. EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\Moustafa\.vscode\extensions\.obsolete'

When i try to install extentions on vscode on my windows 10 machine the installation fails and asks me to install it manually, when i do so another error appears stating:

EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\Moustafa.vscode\extensions.obsolete'

I've searched a lot on the web and i didn't find the solution to this problem nor did i find someone posting a similar issue, after searching i fond that the extentions are installed on .vscode the default extentions are there and somehow vscode doesn't have the authorisation to install extentions there.

Moustafa Bendib, Dec 23, 2023
  4. waelMIF Win User

Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

NPM optional package installation failure

I am facing a problem that dependencies doesn't install npm package. This two picture represent the problem that i am facing

Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir. 92cb2556-ccc3-4761-8fe2-b2795779d0f6?upload=true.png

Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir. fac24524-6a7a-4881-a361-b06beff6c19e?upload=true.png

waelMIF, Dec 23, 2023
Thema:

Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

1. Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir. - Similar Threads - Erorrs permissions using

2. Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  3. Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  4. Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  5. npx npm problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    npx npm problem: I encountered such a problem, I installed NodeJS and tried to use the npx create-react-app my-app command in the VScode terminal and this is what it says to meProgram 'npx.cmd' failed to run: The system cannot find the file specifiedAtFor the smart people who will write about...
  6. npx npm problem

npx npm problem: I encountered such a problem, I installed NodeJS and tried to use the npx create-react-app my-app command in the VScode terminal and this is what it says to meProgram 'npx.cmd' failed to run: The system cannot find the file specifiedAtFor the smart people who will write about...
  7. Winget package manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Winget package manager: Are the things posted on the Winget package manager virus checked and from the official devs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winget-package-manager/16e06856-307e-4569-b63e-d2266e0286bb
  8. erorr

in Windows 10 Customization
    erorr: Something happened, we couldn't install a feature https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erorr/42baff79-7a73-4706-b320-cf621b51a969
  9. erorr

in Windows 10 Customization
    erorr: Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erorr/2e04ef37-db6a-4803-9c62-defc5f0c930a
  10. DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file

DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file: Excuse me, I'm a fellow newbie here wanting to resolve this issue because it is tiring only to resolve this issue by restarting the bash.exe. I just want no errors to be seen when doing my project. Thank you! 71469