Windows 10: Erasing all the data.

Discus and support Erasing all the data. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DishaYadav, May 17, 2020.

1. Erasing all the data.

What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean how can Microsoft be so irresponsible? And yes there is no windows.old folder in my c drive or anywhere else.

:)

DishaYadav, May 17, 2020

2. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-data-eraser

Cluster Head, May 17, 2020
  3. p_o_s_pc Win User
    Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, May 17, 2020
  4. Erasing all the data.

Remote erasing of data on lost phone

I have misplaced my phone while travelling in China.

Attempts to call the phone were unsuccessful, suggesting that either the phone was switched off or that the SIM card was removed/.

I called my phone service provider to deactivate the number.

i tried to login to my windows account to erase the data on my phone but got a message that it was unsucessful.

My questions are,

1) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if the person who picked up my phone had replaced the SIM card

2) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if my number was deactivated by my service provider

3) what else, if anything, could I do to wipe any data ( e.g. Contact list, messages, whatsap messages etc.) from the phone?

Unfortunately, a passcode is not required to unlock my phone,

i'm not sure I have wifi access to check the replies for the next few days, but any advices on this matter is much appreciated.

Plotholes80, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Erasing all the data.

1. Erasing all the data. - Similar Threads - Erasing data

2. All my data has been erased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my data has been erased: I renamed my user folder name in registry and restarted my laptop. Once it got on I got the message saying that "We can't Sign in to your accout, Sign-out and again Sign-out". So I did as per the instructions, I clicked on Sign-out. My laptop again got restarted and again I...
  3. All my data has been erased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my data has been erased: I renamed my user folder name in registry and restarted my laptop. Once it got on I got the message saying that "We can't Sign in to your accout, Sign-out and again Sign-out". So I did as per the instructions, I clicked on Sign-out. My laptop again got restarted and again I...
  4. I have all data erased from my one drive... dont know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all data erased from my one drive... dont know why.: Hello I need to restore all my data from one drive....it has been erased and i dont know why. I make another account some time ago with a different email but same name and maybe that is why everything desappeard. I need to contact support by chat or call.... do someone know...
  5. I have all data erased from my one drive... dont know why.

I have all data erased from my one drive... dont know why.: Hello I need to restore all my data from one drive....it has been erased and i dont know why. I make another account some time ago with a different email but same name and maybe that is why everything desappeard. I need to contact support by chat or call.... do someone know...
  6. Surface IT Toolkit recovery USB, Data Eraser USB. Windows Media Creation Tool Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface IT Toolkit recovery USB, Data Eraser USB. Windows Media Creation Tool Failing: Hi All, I'm currently using the Surface IT Toolkit to create a recovery drive and a couple data erasers for some of our surfaces. When trying to create these it fails to format the USBs instantly and I've tested this on multiple Windows 11 devices. I'm currently running...
  7. Surface IT Toolkit recovery USB, Data Eraser USB. Windows Media Creation Tool Failing

Surface IT Toolkit recovery USB, Data Eraser USB. Windows Media Creation Tool Failing: Hi All, I'm currently using the Surface IT Toolkit to create a recovery drive and a couple data erasers for some of our surfaces. When trying to create these it fails to format the USBs instantly and I've tested this on multiple Windows 11 devices. I'm currently running...
  8. Erasing all data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erasing all data: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed to install windows click ok to restart the computer,and then restart the installation .I’ve done this several times and it will not move. How to fix it?...
  9. Erasing all data

Erasing all data: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed to install windows click ok to restart the computer,and then restart the installation .I’ve done this several times and it will not move. How to fix it?...
  10. Windows 11 update erased my data and reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update erased my data and reset my computer.: Ha da new computer out of the box. Filled in all the login data required by microsoft. Added other progams and logins I need. Because i have no faith in Microsoft at all I created a restore point before allowing the first update.The update erased all my data, reset my...