Windows 10: Environment Variables in Windows 10

Discus and support Environment Variables in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Actually, no. That's how I ran into the issue. I use an SSD drive for windows but it is small so my user root is on D. When I tried %Homepath% in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Yasak Hayat, Mar 6, 2016.

1. mel897 Win User

Environment Variables in Windows 10

Actually, no. That's how I ran into the issue. I use an SSD drive for windows but it is small so my user root is on D. When I tried %Homepath% in a command line parameter, it did not work. I believe %Homepath% usually works because a typical installation defaults to C: not D: as in my case. %userprofile% is equivalent to %homedrive%%homepath% and will work more generally.

BTW, thanks for the article. I couldn't remember the ENV variable "homepath" and learned a few new ones at the same time.

mel897, May 2, 2017

2. I wonder if it is related to a problem I had in Vista once where a whole load of the environmental variables wouldn't work such as %APPDATA%, I eventually found some registry items that had been removed (I'm not sure by what) and once I put them back all the other variables started working

Stone Free, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Environment Variables in Windows 10

1. Environment Variables in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Environment Variables

2. How do I reset the dialog box interface for editing Environment Variables in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset the dialog box interface for editing Environment Variables in Windows?: I was trying to figure out a way to easily swap JDK versions in Windows 10 using PowerShell, but I'm not well-versed in it. I previously had several values inserted into the PATH environment variable, like so ignore the arrow: Using the system interface to update the value of...
  3. How do I reset the dialog box interface for editing Environment Variables in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset the dialog box interface for editing Environment Variables in Windows?: I was trying to figure out a way to easily swap JDK versions in Windows 10 using PowerShell, but I'm not well-versed in it. I previously had several values inserted into the PATH environment variable, like so ignore the arrow: Using the system interface to update the value of...
  4. How do I reset the dialog box interface for editing Environment Variables in Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to restrore environment Variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrore environment Variables: How do I restore "Path" environment variables. I accidently make a new variable named "Path", now it can only saved 1 path https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restrore-environment-variables/816ed7ab-2ea3-4bb8-8590-b4c4c86b76f2
  6. How to restrore environment Variables

How to restrore environment Variables: How do I restore "Path" environment variables. I accidently make a new variable named "Path", now it can only saved 1 path https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restrore-environment-variables/816ed7ab-2ea3-4bb8-8590-b4c4c86b76f2
  7. Windows 11 - Cannot open JPG - System could not find the environment variable that was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Cannot open JPG - System could not find the environment variable that was...: When I attempt to open a jpg file on my Windows11 desktop, or in any other location in my directory or any other user account directory on my home office PC - the following system message is displayed: C:\path\filename.jpgThe system could not find the environment variable...
  8. Windows 11 - Cannot open JPG - System could not find the environment variable that was...

Windows 11 - Cannot open JPG - System could not find the environment variable that was...: When I attempt to open a jpg file on my Windows11 desktop, or in any other location in my directory or any other user account directory on my home office PC - the following system message is displayed: C:\path\filename.jpgThe system could not find the environment variable...
  9. How to fix the Edit system environment variables ->under System Variable ->Path Popup not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the Edit system environment variables ->under System Variable ->Path Popup not...: I'm trying to add a new path variable, but when I navigate to "Edit system environment variables" -> under System Variables -> Path, the popup that should open when I click on the Path variable isn't opening....
  10. How to fix the Edit system environment variables ->under System Variable ->Path Popup not...

How to fix the Edit system environment variables ->under System Variable ->Path Popup not...: I'm trying to add a new path variable, but when I navigate to "Edit system environment variables" -> under System Variables -> Path, the popup that should open when I click on the Path variable isn't opening....