Windows 10: Ensure you get FREE updates before New years day

Discus and support Ensure you get FREE updates before New years day in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks Gleðilegt nýtt ár (Happy New year to every one). Make sure you get the currently still working free update from W7/W8/W8.1 to W10 if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Dec 30, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ensure you get FREE updates before New years day

Hi folks

Gleðilegt nýtt ár (Happy New year to every one).

Make sure you get the currently still working free update from W7/W8/W8.1 to W10 if you need them as I think that avenue is being closed as of end of the year.

Currently still working -- at 18.00 GMT today Dec 31

Happy new year everyone.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 30, 2017

2. windows 10 upgrade, after downgrade to win7

Hi MuslimAli,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

It is good to know that you have updated the drivers. Now you can open the Windows Updates screen and click on “Check for Updates”. Install any pending updates and restart the computer. Ensure to have Service Pack 1 update installed so
    that you can avail the free upgrade to Windows 10. Before starting the upgrade ensure to activate your copy of Windows 7. This free upgrade is for 1 year from 29th July 2015.

The upgrade through the Windows Updates is the best way to get Windows 10 on your computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 30, 2017
  3. W8 user Win User
    Microsoft LUMIA 535 TOUCH Responsive issue

NEWS

There is a new OS build 8.10.15113 in the servers to be certificate for the 535.

"Please wait for the software update coming OTA in the next few days, install it and verify touch performance, ensure your screen is clean and moisture-free."

W8 user, Dec 30, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Lets find out!!! *Wink

Ensure you get FREE updates before New years day [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 31, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Wouldn't it be sweet if I made it all way up to 17063 this time!?!?!? *Biggrin

Edwin, Dec 31, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Still possible.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    But...
    it still won't go to 17063!!! *Banghead

And...
    I got shafted!!! I'm gonna puke!!! *Sick

Edwin, Jan 1, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

Build 17063, actually OS Version 1709 Build 17063.1000, the Insider Preview testing version, is still free. What should have ended is the free Assistive Technology Upgrade for Win7/8.1 that was announced to be ending on 12/31/2017. The latest Released/RTM Version is 1709 Build 16299.125.

Berton, Jan 1, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, that's where I'm at.

To:

To:

Edwin, Jan 1, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    So, you upgraded from 7 to 10. No one at MS said that would stop working. What MS said was that the offer of free digital licence for a qualifying Assistive Technologies upgrade would end on 31st Dec.

So, what we need to know is - was it given a licence? did it activate?

11. Edwin New Member
    Yes.
    It upgraded from an activated Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home, (nonetheless!)
    with a Key never shown before; original Windows 7 Key showing.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2018
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

from the STORE you can upgrade that to PRO (assuming W7 or what you upgraded from was PRO or above e.g Ultimate - not Enterprise).

To get the latest update - it will after several hours update - and will say New version of Windows installed -- just don't expect it all to complete in the initial update from the W7 upgrade step.

I've done this a few times -- haven't since Jan 1st - I've got W10 licences coming "out of my lugholes" -- those old TechNet keys can be activated a zillion times each !!!!! if you have any of those.

Old TechNet subscribers - you can STILL download your keys for any you downloaded while the program was active. You can't get the ISO's any more but the keys are still valid and unlike a load of retail ones most of these will activate a huge number of times -- one of the reasons th over generous TechNet program was stopped.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2018
  13. philipyip Win User

philipyip, Jan 2, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
  15. It'd be interesting to know how many more "upgrades" took place to Windows 10 during the claimed "last week" of the assistive technology
    offer. I always thought that MS would keep the door open because their goal was to get the overwhelming majority of users on 10 over the next year or so before Windows 7 is no longer supported. The numbers mean everything to them.

legacy7955, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Ensure you get FREE updates before New years day - Similar Threads - Ensure FREE updates

2. I'm a day trader and I will be making millions this year and if you don't stop updating...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm a day trader and I will be making millions this year and if you don't stop updating...: because I can make anywhere between $10k and $50k per day and I freeze my trading system in order so that I can pull up the charts within seconds when I trade because I trade the seconds charts and bugs now cost me money which means your updates are potentially slowing down...
  3. I'm a day trader and I will be making millions this year and if you don't stop updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm a day trader and I will be making millions this year and if you don't stop updating...: because I can make anywhere between $10k and $50k per day and I freeze my trading system in order so that I can pull up the charts within seconds when I trade because I trade the seconds charts and bugs now cost me money which means your updates are potentially slowing down...
  4. I'm a day trader and I will be making millions this year and if you don't stop updating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Here are some helpful resources to help you get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Here are some helpful resources to help you get...: Merry Christmas, all!For those of you who are new to the community, welcome!Most of you reading this have opened your presents and realised you have a new gaming laptop/PC and/or Xbox!Here is a little resource to help you get set up and playing on your new device Getting...
  6. Free Play Days: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition July 18 to 21

in Windows 10 News
    Free Play Days: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition July 18 to 21: [ATTACH] Jump into the co-op looter shooter that started it all! Enjoy a blend of FPS and RPG mechanics as you play one four characters who each have their own unique skillsets to use and master. Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition will be available for free this weekend...
  7. how do you change the date to read day/month/year

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the date to read day/month/year: How do you change the date to show day/month/year https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-date-to-read-daymonthyear/911d87b4-cb77-4c95-8db1-77dec239ed9f
  8. HOW CAN I GET MY 7 DAYS FREE TRIAL OF DEVD PLAYER BEFORE I BUY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW CAN I GET MY 7 DAYS FREE TRIAL OF DEVD PLAYER BEFORE I BUY: HOW CAN I GET MY 7 DAYS FREE TRIAL BEFORE PURCHASING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-7-days-free-trial-of-devd-player/84535061-04e9-4b4f-b2a0-8fad139b7a60
  9. Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?: I already know about the trick where you update then revert, and the computer you updated on will be able to upgrade again for free after July 29th, but what if I won't have the computer I want to upgrade until after this date? I'm getting a MacBook Air in August. I like...
  10. Can you get the upgrade but not install it for a year or more?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you get the upgrade but not install it for a year or more?: Hi, unfortunately I will not be able to install win10 on my personal work laptop due to some of their software and programs. Will I be able to make an ISO or something so I can install it a year or more later when perhaps my company will support it with their software and...