Windows 10: enable long file name support in windows 11

Discus and support enable long file name support in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Team,how to enable long file name support in windows 11, could you please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sreekv, Oct 13, 2022.

1. sreekv Win User

enable long file name support in windows 11

Dear Team,how to enable long file name support in windows 11, could you please help me

:)

sreekv, Oct 13, 2022

2. Long file path issues in Windows 11 Pro with Microsoft VS Code and File Explorer

This issue is not a programming issue. It's a Files/Folder and storage issue with windows 11. I can't enable long path name support in Windows 11 either. I used to be able to open/save files with really deep folder names. (more than 260 bytes). But with Windows 11 I have tried enabling long path name support with the registry setting and the group policy setting without success. (yes, I tried rebooting a few times)

What's the scoop with Windows 11? Why does enabling the long path support in windows 11 not work?

Andy Milne1, Oct 13, 2022
  3. Flaviu2 Win User
    File name too long

I run Win10:

enable long file name support in windows 11 [​IMG]

And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10

How can I get rid of it ?

Regards,
    Flaviu.

Flaviu2, Oct 13, 2022
  4. NAT
    Nat Win User

Is it risky to enable long file paths on Windows 10?

Windows 10 has an option to allow for longer file paths (background). Is it risky to enable this option?

I ask because I've heard mixed comments about how there can be bugs related to long file names.

From a recent (2016-07-30) MSDN blog post:

• A comment:

• The response:

Another question on SuperUser (2016-08-17) seems to suggest that there're known issues.

Question: Does enabling long file paths increase the risk of file loss or corruption on Windows 10?

Thema:

1. enable long file name support in windows 11 - Similar Threads - enable long file

2. File name too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  3. Enabling long file path name does not work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling long file path name does not work on Windows 11: I tried to enable long path names for both in Registry Editor AND the policy editor.Neither of them is working. Why?My maximum path name is 247 bytes long.Please fix this Microsoft!!!...
  4. Enabling long file path name does not work on Windows 11

Enabling long file path name does not work on Windows 11: I tried to enable long path names for both in Registry Editor AND the policy editor.Neither of them is working. Why?My maximum path name is 247 bytes long.Please fix this Microsoft!!!...
  5. enable long file name support in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enable long file name support in windows 11: Dear Team,how to enable long file name support in windows 11, could you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-long-file-name-support-in-windows-11/8804fee8-abe1-4666-8262-8cd3b8e5c4f9
  6. enable long file name support in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enable long file name support in windows 11: Dear Team,how to enable long file name support in windows 11, could you please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-long-file-name-support-in-windows-11/3f5b16b5-1617-40f0-a45a-09f1acacbcf6
  7. enable long file name support in windows 11

enable long file name support in windows 11: Dear Team,how to enable long file name support in windows 11, could you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-long-file-name-support-in-windows-11/8804fee8-abe1-4666-8262-8cd3b8e5c4f9
  8. Enabling Long Path to Allow Files with Long Names in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Long Path to Allow Files with Long Names in Windows 10 File Explorer: I’ve done the fixes suggested by the Microsoft Community: Setting the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled Type: REG_DWORD to 1 Adding Enable Win32 long paths in the Local Computer Policy: Computer...
  9. File name too long

in Windows 10 Support
    File name too long: I run Win10: [img] And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 How can I get rid of...
  10. Long directory / file name support PLEASE Ms in a Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Long directory / file name support PLEASE Ms in a Windows update: Hi there Please Ms can you fix the restriction of file + directory (folder) name length so they can be LONGER than approx 200 Chars For normal office type documents long file names won't be encountered very often but if you have large capacity HDD's with a lot of say...