Windows 10: Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

Discus and support Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr. T A B, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Mr. T A B Win User

Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is blank for 99 percent of the entries.Not sure which extension I used. Does that matter?Is this a random failure, and just try again? Or, is this a file problem, and is there a way to modify the exported-from-yahoo file so that Outlook reads the email field correctly?

:)

Mr. T A B, Mar 11, 2023
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Need a Solution to Deal With Yahoo Email Contacts

I've been having a lot of problems with Yahoo email for work related things. Here's the situation...

My boss has all his contacts, and I need to create contact groups of anywhere between 15-40 emails depending who needs to be emailed. This way it's all ready for him. He can just select the group, type his message and it goes out. These groups are temporary and are created and deleted on a daily basis.

The problem however, is that Yahoo's email is just terrible. I have this issue where I delete a contact group when I'm done with it, and anywhere from minutes later to days later it just shows up again. It doesn't actually have any email contacts within it, just the empty group reappears. It's also painfully slow. Sometimes I sit trying to search for and add one contact to a contact group, and it can take a minute or two before I'm able to do it. So if I need to add 100 people between a few different groups, this can add up to a lot of wasted time.

I thought of using Outlook, but I'm not very familiar with it and might run into a few issues. As far as I'm aware, Outlook saves everything locally on your computer. So if I did create contact groups for him to email on my PC, it would not be available to him on any of the PCs he uses...right?

As much as I'd love to switch to a different email provider, I don't believe it's an option at this point. Yahoo works fine for everyone else for the most part, because they don't deal with contact groups on the same level as I do.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. This situation is extremely frustrating.

OrbitzXT, Mar 11, 2023
  3. Add custom phone number field to Outlook 2013 Contact?

Outlook 2013 has the following labels/fields for "Phone numbers":

• Assistant
    • Business
    • Business 2
    • Business Fax
    • Callback
    • Car
    • Company
    • Home
    • Home 2
    • Home Fax
    • ISDN
    • Mobile
    • Other
    • Other Fax
    • Pager
    • Primary
    • Radio
    • Telex
    • TTY/TDD
    Is it possible to add a custom label/field?

Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook [​IMG]

King Mustard, Mar 11, 2023
  4. geercom Win User

Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I don't understand what it means by "Create one or more folders in the list of folders that synchronize with your Outlook.com account". What does that mean? Are you saying you can create these folders somewhere inside Outlook.com and that the folders have to have the same names as the WLM folders? I don't understand. What folders are the ones that sync with Outlook.com? Where are these?

geercom, Mar 11, 2023
Thema:

1. Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook - Similar Threads - Email Field empty

2. Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook: After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is blank for 99 percent of the entries.Not sure which extension I used. Does that matter?Is this a random failure, and just try...
  3. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  4. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  5. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  6. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  7. Yahoo email/contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo email/contacts: email/when forwarding a message or composing my contacts do no autofil. I have to enter each one individually. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-emailcontacts/1befc1e1-ac26-4ba0-8049-7aeaae9b1378
  8. Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail

Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail: How do you Import Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail. I have tried for hours to do it! None of the search engine instructions work!!!...
  9. Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing: I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365. The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty. Should they be there too? cb 80597
  10. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...