Windows 10: Each time KB5003173 tries to install i get a BSOD

Discus and support Each time KB5003173 tries to install i get a BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI Guys Everytime i try to update with KB5003173 my main Pc hits a BSOD on bootup. I have tried waiting for a few weeks but it has done it again so MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thorrrr, May 24, 2021.

1. thorrrr Win User

Each time KB5003173 tries to install i get a BSOD

HI Guys Everytime i try to update with KB5003173 my main Pc hits a BSOD on bootup. I have tried waiting for a few weeks but it has done it again so MS not fixed it. I cannot remove the update via Recovery Console area i have to revert to System Restore. I have now blocked updates via Policy Editor but i need help on finding out how i can move forward and why this update is breaking my Pc. EditionWindows 10 ProVersion20H2Installed on‎10/‎09/‎2020OS build19042.964ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

thorrrr, May 24, 2021
  2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Each time KB5003173 tries to install i get a BSOD :)

cplpro, May 24, 2021
  3. tfair Win User
    BSOD on install from USB

Have an HP Notebook 14-cf0013dx, 8gb ram, 1TB HDD 5200rpm (full specs are in profile)

Attempting to reinstall windows after BSOD on start, mostly page fault in non paged area BSOD error but can also be irql not less or equal, or Kernel Secure check failure. Saw another one or two but cannot recall at the moment.

Symptoms. Can boot to USB in UEFI or legacy and Load the windows 10 install made from the windows creation tool. The loading files completes. The system restarts and the HP splash screen appears with the windows 10 dots circling underneath for about 2 revolutions then a BSOD.

First steps:
    Tried windows 10 recovery. over 48 hours still not completed.
    Ran HP hardware diagnostics, Memory HDD, system board all passed.
    Ran memtest86 from Hirens Boot CD. passed.
    Ran seagate HDD test. passed.
    Tried windows 10 USB install after each step above.
    Tried Windows 10 safe mode installation, was able to get through installation but on reboot the same results, BSOD within 3 revolutions of startup dot-circle.

Second steps:
    Removed HDD, hooked up to main computer and did a CMD, DISKPART, CLEAN
    Updated BIOS to most recent version F.53 to support windows 10 v.1909
    Moved DIMM from slot 1 to slot 2
    Tried HP cloud recovery with exact same results as listed above.
    Tried Windows 10 USB safemode install again same results. Was able to complete installation from USB but BSOD on restart.

Short of replacing the Motherboard due to the integrated graphics memory (which still tested good in HP system board test), I am at a loss. Please help with any suggestions.

tfair, May 24, 2021
  4. rk3066 Win User

Having such hard time installing this Driver

I have a OurLink RTK8192 Wireless Adapter and I've tried everything in the book but nothing seems to work and yes I've gone through the CD and there's no Install App. for Linux only for Windows though i have installed on there.

Give me A step-by-step copy/paste guide please

rk3066, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Each time KB5003173 tries to install i get a BSOD - Similar Threads - Each KB5003173 tries

2. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: First of all sorry to post this question again but it is becoming quite annoying and i got no replies on my last post.Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can...
  3. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can have 4 BSODs in a single evening. I have tried all the available verification tools on Windows, used MemTest86,...
  4. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can have 4 BSODs in a single evening. I have tried all the available verification tools on Windows, used MemTest86,...
  5. KB5003173 causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003173 causes BSOD: Each time Win 10 updates my laptop with KB5003173 it will have to undo the update and then result in a BSOD after restarting. Below are crash dumps reports from "Blue Screen View" and "Who Crashed". Please look into them and advise course of action....
  6. BSOD with Update KB5003173

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    BSOD with Update KB5003173: HI Guys Everytime i try to update with KB5003173 my main Pc hits a BSOD on bootup. I have tried waiting for a few weeks but it has done it again so MS not fixed it. I cannot remove the update via Recovery Console area i have to revert to System Restore. I have now blocked...
  7. BSOD with Update KB5003173

BSOD with Update KB5003173: HI Guys Everytime i try to update with KB5003173 my main Pc hits a BSOD on bootup. I have tried waiting for a few weeks but it has done it again so MS not fixed it. I cannot remove the update via Recovery Console area i have to revert to System Restore. I have now blocked...
  8. I get at least 3 BSOD a day, each time with a different problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get at least 3 BSOD a day, each time with a different problem: So I had just build my first gaming rig and I was super excited to use it. I have a GTX 1660 super, an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, an Auros 450 motherboard, and I forget the RAM I put in (sorry, I honestly don't remember the brand but I think that's irrelevant). I ripped the...
  9. Each time I try to download.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I try to download.: No matter where I try to download something, it says "couldn't download virus scan failed. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/each-time-i-try-to-download/d11c5a89-f658-46e5-ab73-1c8127ed04e5
  10. Im Getting a BSOD KMode Exception not handled ;each time i try to update my device ,or boot...

Im Getting a BSOD KMode Exception not handled ;each time i try to update my device ,or boot...: Everything else works fine ,but i cant seem to be able to update ,nor force a clean install ,cause i get this BSOD everytime i try to update ,or reboot into a Windows installation media that i created I posted about this last time and no one answered so i hope so do you so...