Windows 10: Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

Discus and support Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AmyCon, Nov 4, 2022.

1. AmyCon Win User

Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being paired, as well as the phone itself still connected to the computer. In order to get the dynamic lock working again, you need to remove the pairing from Bluetooth, repair the computer and phone and then rescan in dynamic lock. It has happened multiple times even after updating drivers. Different computer and phones are ex

:)

AmyCon, Nov 4, 2022

2. dynamic lock issue

the dynamic lock works when I live my computer, but when I return the dynamic lock does not find the device (telephone). I need to unpair and pair the telephone to get dynamic lock works once. please, note that the phone is still connected to the PC.
    any suggestion ?

davide-l69, Nov 4, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    "Dynamic lock is not working" ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get a message Dynamic lock is not working. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

Dynamic lock is a feature in Windows 10 which allows you to use devices that are paired with your PC to help detect when you’re away, and lock your PC shortly after your paired device is out of Bluetooth range. This
    makes it more difficult for someone to gain access to your device if you step away from your PC and forget to lock it. For more information, see
    Lock your Windows 10 PC automatically when you step away from
    it

It could be possible that a device such as mobile phone connected to your computer is not within the Bluetooth range that is the reason you are seeing this message. In case you had your phone connected to the computer and seeing
    this message, to fix this, just go to Start >> Settings >>
    Accounts >> Sign-in options >> Dynamic lock and select
    Scan for device.

This will automatically detect the phone and connect it back. Make sure the device is in range and Bluetooth is turned on.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 4, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

Changing dynamic lock device on windows 10

Hi Caseh please try this:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-In Options - Dynamic Lock

From there, click 'Bluetooth and Other Devices'

Remove your old Phone form the list of available devices

Then go back to Dynamic Lock and you should be able to Add a Device form there . . .

DaveM121, Nov 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello. - Similar Threads - Dynamic Lock fails

2. Dynamic lock does not work even though the phone is connected to Bluetooth and visible, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic lock does not work even though the phone is connected to Bluetooth and visible, and...: A couple of months ago, I had to change my Bluetooth dongle and once the new dongle was installed, Dynamic Lock no longer recognised my phone despite it being paired and connected. This was not really a surprise, so I tried the method described many times in these forums of...
  3. Dynamic lock does not work even though the phone is connected to Bluetooth and visible, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic lock does not work even though the phone is connected to Bluetooth and visible, and...: A couple of months ago, I had to change my Bluetooth dongle and once the new dongle was installed, Dynamic Lock no longer recognised my phone despite it being paired and connected. This was not really a surprise, so I tried the method described many times in these forums of...
  4. Dynamic Lock failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock failed: I had Dynamic Lock set up with my phone, and it worked for several weeks. But now my Windows 11 computer reports the phone cannot be found. If I try searching for it using the "Scan for phone" button in the Dynamic Lock settings, it doesn't find it. But ... curiously enough...
  5. Dynamic Lock failed

Dynamic Lock failed: I had Dynamic Lock set up with my phone, and it worked for several weeks. But now my Windows 11 computer reports the phone cannot be found. If I try searching for it using the "Scan for phone" button in the Dynamic Lock settings, it doesn't find it. But ... curiously enough...
  6. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.: Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being...
  7. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.: Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being...
  8. Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer: I have downloaded onto my computer Canon EOS Utility 3. It shows up in the programs and features but is not there in the start up menu. I created a link to the desktop from C:\Program Files x86\Canon\EOS Utility\EU3 but the link doesn't work either. I have been in touch...
  9. windows hello face recognition and locking /dynamic lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello face recognition and locking /dynamic lock: there are 2 questions 1 after logging in when leaving the workstation I press windows+L to lock the workstation it then starts the camera. I walk away but when I come back it wants a pin or password when I dismiss the lock screen the camera does not turn on. how do I get it...
  10. Changing dynamic lock device on windows 10

Changing dynamic lock device on windows 10: Hello I recently changed phones, and want to change my dynamic lock device to my new phone. I've scoured through the settings but cannot find any option to change device. Anyone know how to change it?...