Windows 10: Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

Discus and support Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Harshith kumar, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the screenshot that i have attached for more informationDont judge mt setup. Thank you.Since i cant add a screenshot to this forum for some reason heres a link https://imgur.com/a/i4qawOC.

:)

Harshith kumar, Mar 13, 2023

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 13, 2023
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

1. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors showing

2. dual monitor system after one monitor died

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor system after one monitor died: I used to have 2 monitors; one died; when I open a program from the quick launch task bar, the program tries to open in the old monitor 2 which no longer exists; I have rebooted; I cannot get the program to move to the one and only monitor; I have tried Alt-Tab to the window...
  3. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  5. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up: Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing...
  6. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up: Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing...
  7. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

8. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  9. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  10. Dual monitor options not showing.

Dual monitor options not showing.: Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both displays work - but it shows the same screen on both monitors.When I open Display settings, I do not have the 'multiple display'...