Windows 10: Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time

Discus and support Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Something strange happened recently, TWICE so far . In explorer, I use " date modified " rather than date, or date created because it's easier for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tony Morris3, Oct 24, 2024 at 1:12 PM.

1. Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time

Something strange happened recently, TWICE so far . In explorer, I use " date modified " rather than date, or date created because it's easier for me to find files based on download, or edit dates. A week ago, for some reason, two weeks worth of files all changed to the current date and time. None were edited, and none were moved to a different folder. Yesterday, the same thing happened again! I've been using the exact same folder settings for over a decade and this has NEVER happened before. The only change I've made is that a few months ago, I started using a Nord VPN, but I can't figure

:)

Tony Morris3, Oct 24, 2024 at 1:12 PM
  2. tfwul Win User

Change modified dates, consecutive, with preview. Suggestions?

Thanks. The idea is that I have a preview of the file when changing the modified date. It is a manual change and I take/read it from the file preview. See below, just as an example. However, I would like to avoid 1.open file, 2.change modified date, 3. click OK, 4. go to next file (currently the only way I know), I seek a tool that has a [Next] button at step 2 (which basically is then the same as step 3, 4 and 1. Nirsoft offers fine tools, but does not offer file previews AFAIK. BTW They have a more enhanced date changer in bulk file changer.
    Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time 360728d1645774916t-change-modified-dates-consecutive-preview-suggestions-snagit-25022022-083926.png

3. jlai-17 Win User
    How to save attachment from Outlook without changing the Date Modified to current date

Hi,

I noticed that the Date Modified is changed to current date when I save an attachment from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10.

Previously, the Date Modified was based on the date/time of when the file was attached to the email, instead of date/time of when the file was saved from the email.

Somehow, something changed in Windows/Outlook in the last few weeks/month.

Is there a way to revert to either the original date of the attachment or the date the file was attached to the email or the date of the email, INSTEAD of the current date/time of saving the attachment.

This is critical because we will be able to tell if we have already the same copy of the attachment in our folder. If the Date Modified is based on current date/time, we can save it many times and have different dates but not know if the file is the same
    or a different version.

Thanks

Jeff

4. tfwul Win User

Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time

Download managers - keep file created date but modified=download date

Seeking 3rd party download managers that : 1. do not change the file created date (or, at least, keep the server created date) 2. sets the modified date to download date. So, for instance, I download a file today, then the file has (for example) created date: 01-07-2019 modified date: 19-09-2022 My current download manager (IDM) can keep the 'server date' (so, 01-07-2019 in the above example), but the modified date will the be the same as the server date. Downloads are stored in a downloads folder, amongst many other files of previous downloads and other temporary files. The downloaded file is difficult to find then: it is somewhere amongst the others. In case of the modified date being the date of download, one can sort then on modified date and easily find the downloaded file. Thanks for any suggestions. Any suggestions?

Thema:

Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time

1. Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time - Similar Threads - Downoaded Files Date

2. Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time: Something strange happened recently, TWICE so far . In explorer, I use " date modified " rather than date, or date created because it's easier for me to find files based on download, or edit dates. A week ago, for some reason, two weeks worth of files all changed to the...
  3. Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downoaded Files " Date Modified " all changed to the current date and time: Something strange happened recently, TWICE so far . In explorer, I use " date modified " rather than date, or date created because it's easier for me to find files based on download, or edit dates. A week ago, for some reason, two weeks worth of files all changed to the...
  4. Eliminate time from 'Date Created' and 'Date Modified'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminate time from 'Date Created' and 'Date Modified': In File Explorer I want to know when a file or folder was created and when it was last modified. So I added those columns to File Explorer. But I really REALLY don't need to know that the file I created on 11/14/22 was created at 9:18PM. And having that information included...
  5. Eliminate time from 'Date Created' and 'Date Modified'

Eliminate time from 'Date Created' and 'Date Modified': In File Explorer I want to know when a file or folder was created and when it was last modified. So I added those columns to File Explorer. But I really REALLY don't need to know that the file I created on 11/14/22 was created at 9:18PM. And having that information included...
  6. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  7. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  8. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

9. Date modified changed for thousands of files

Date modified changed for thousands of files: Hi, On my Windows 10 laptop with a Samsung SSD I have experienced some weird behavior tonight: I have roughly 11.000 files with date modified "today" since I started the laptop in the afternoon. Many of these files are in tmp folders e.g. AppData/Local/Temp or in folders...
  10. Batch file to current date and time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Batch file to current date and time: Dear expert. Can you help me to batch file to change system date and time to current? Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-to-current-date-and-time/2c75b187-3561-4604-b9b5-218db993a6f6