Windows 10: Downloads Folder not opening

Discus and support Downloads Folder not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NISARG DAMODARA, May 7, 2024.

1. Downloads Folder not opening

My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?

:)

NISARG DAMODARA, May 7, 2024

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 7, 2024
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 7, 2024
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Downloads Folder not opening

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, May 7, 2024
Thema:

Downloads Folder not opening

1. Downloads Folder not opening - Similar Threads - Downloads Folder opening

2. Downloads folder won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder won't open: When I click the Downloads tab on Windows Explorer, it says "Working on it" and then the folder freezes. I have tried restarting, I have tried clearing its Quick Access feature, I have tried restoring to default location. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help!...
  3. Downloads folder won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder won't open: When I click the Downloads tab on Windows Explorer, it says "Working on it" and then the folder freezes. I have tried restarting, I have tried clearing its Quick Access feature, I have tried restoring to default location. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help!...
  4. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  5. Can't Open Download Folder Followup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Open Download Folder Followup: So I had the issue where I can't open the download folder, and I found the following reference among past questions:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-folders-and-sfcscannow-didnt-find/407b9db4-25f3-4c2e-934e-901720101738SFC didn't find anything...
  6. Can't Open Download Folder Followup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Download Folder Followup: So I had the issue where I can't open the download folder, and I found the following reference among past questions:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-folders-and-sfcscannow-didnt-find/407b9db4-25f3-4c2e-934e-901720101738SFC didn't find anything...
  7. Can't Open Download Folder Followup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problem to open the download folder.

Problem to open the download folder.: When I am going to open the downloads folder it shows that it is on working mood. Some times later shows not response. I attached a screenshot please see it....
  9. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  10. Download Folder won't open

Download Folder won't open: When I click on the download folder in the Windows 10 Explorer I just see "Working on it..." and it never opens. See screen capture images below for other messages. Any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...