Windows 10: Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.

Discus and support Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so for some time now all my downloads and documents appear on my desktop and it is getting full. I have tried some solutions from the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elvin Bajro, May 14, 2024.

1. Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.

Hello, so for some time now all my downloads and documents appear on my desktop and it is getting full. I have tried some solutions from the internet but they have done nothing but deleted or lost my files. Help would be greatly appreciated. For some reason I cannot paste a screenshot but I will try below.

:)

Elvin Bajro, May 14, 2024

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 14, 2024
  3. marinro Win User
    Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, May 14, 2024
  4. Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 14, 2024
Thema:

Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.

1. Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help. - Similar Threads - Downloads Desktop Document

2. Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.: Hello, so for some time now all my downloads and documents appear on my desktop and it is getting full. I have tried some solutions from the internet but they have done nothing but deleted or lost my files. Help would be greatly appreciated. For some reason I cannot paste a...
  3. Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads, Desktop and Document files are all linked. Please help.: Hello, so for some time now all my downloads and documents appear on my desktop and it is getting full. I have tried some solutions from the internet but they have done nothing but deleted or lost my files. Help would be greatly appreciated. For some reason I cannot paste a...
  4. Desktop Shortcuts: All downloaded apps have incorrect link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcuts: All downloaded apps have incorrect link: I purchased a new Windows 10 computer and downloaded a number of my favorite apps and created desktop shortcuts. For a while everything worked but now most of them do not work with the shortcut link not being found - including Microsoft 365 apps. All internet link...
  5. All downloaded files are in HTML format, specially software. Please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All downloaded files are in HTML format, specially software. Please help.: whenever I download any file on my pc by default its in chrome html format. I tried downloading Samsung DEX on to my pc using link on smasung's website or ccleaner for filehippo.com everything is in html format. tried troubleshooting but nothing works . please help. *** in...
  6. Documents linked with desktop?

Documents linked with desktop?: I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my...
  7. Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished

Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished: My documents, photos and folders were saved to the One Drive folder seemingly automatically without my consent even though they also appeared in my folders on my PC. I did not want to use cloud based storage. I would get messages to sign in to one drive but never did, still...
  8. Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents

Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents: How do i reset my This Pc folder icons and names and files? I think it was mixed up while trying to move folder location to one drive. See image[ATTACH]...
  9. ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP: So I'm sitting here working along business as usual and I go to open a document and imagine my shock when the entire documents folder is empty. My desktop is blank except the recycle bin. EVERY folder in the entire C drive is 'empty'. The first thing I noticed was that my...
  10. HELP PLEASE ALL MY FILES ARE GONE !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP PLEASE ALL MY FILES ARE GONE !: This happened to me last week when I tried to restart and update my windows, I literally have no clue what happened even some of the driver is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-all-my-files-are-gone/1c9c0682-f4c7-41c0-9cb0-29aa624a11b6