Windows 10: Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

Discus and support Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Liam McDade1, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-for-computer-is-fine-for-first-ten/0715a9b2-e246-4cd1-bbac-ba80a2e75b5eI ultimately ended up fixing it by just restoring my firewall settings to default, which was a little weird considering I did that multiple times before and it did not work until it just randomly did. Since then, I would randomly have to restore the settings to default again after having the same problem. At first it started a

:)

Liam McDade1, Apr 20, 2023

2. A popup on Windows asked for my providers internet speed, slowed my download speed down considerably.

I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 onto it. For the first couple of days my download speed was fine, but I would get a popup asking for my provider or I's internet speed. I thought nothing of it, so I quickly typed in the information.
    The original setting was set at 1500 or 15000 mbps, and I changed it to my providers 50 mbps. After changing this, my download speed slowed considerably from 15-20 mb/s to 1.5. I'm not sure at all where to find this, I've done a lot of digging to no avail.

TeslaNorsk, Apr 20, 2023
  3. Slow downloading speed

Hi Manthan,

Regarding your download speed issue, we found a suggestion given by Eeshwar Kumar on our Community page. You can check this link on the suggestion he provided:

Why is Windows Store's download speed so slow?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Apr 20, 2023
  4. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 20, 2023
Thema:

Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

1. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup. - Similar Threads - Download speed computer

2. Download speeds slow down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds slow down: When I download something my internet slows down to 3 megabits but when not 100 megabits. This happens when on wireless WIFI, but I will test ethernet if it helps. It does all this when many devices connected but also not many. I have even tried the fastest dns and secure...
  3. Download speeds slow down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds slow down: When I download something my internet slows down to 3 megabits but when not 100 megabits. This happens when on wireless WIFI, but I will test ethernet if it helps. It does all this when many devices connected but also not many. I have even tried the fastest dns and secure...
  4. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.: Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-for-computer-is-fine-for-first-ten/0715a9b2-e246-4cd1-bbac-ba80a2e75b5eI...
  5. PC download speed has slowed down after formatting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC download speed has slowed down after formatting PC: Hiya,Earlier today, I suspected that a virus made its way onto my computer. My browser was being slow loading up websites, I got a glimpse of a notification threat from Windows Defender, but after going onto it, it had disappeared. Although I might've been able to take less...
  6. PC download speed has slowed down after formatting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC download speed has slowed down after formatting PC: Hiya,Earlier today, I suspected that a virus made its way onto my computer. My browser was being slow loading up websites, I got a glimpse of a notification threat from Windows Defender, but after going onto it, it had disappeared. Although I might've been able to take less...
  7. VLC playback slows down download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VLC playback slows down download speed: Hi, I have a strange issue. When a file is being downloaded the speed shown is optimum at the start 5-6mbps but as soon as I start to play any video stored in the computer SSD doesn't matter what video player is used, VLC, or windows media player the download speed drops...
  8. Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items: Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows...
  9. My usb transfer speeds are considerably slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb transfer speeds are considerably slow: I have tried updating my drivers but dont consider that. You can suggest a link to the drivers that might solve the problem. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 310-15Ikb...
  10. Computer slows down considerably when large HDD is installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer slows down considerably when large HDD is installed: Have a 3TB drive with all of my programs on it. This comes along with a 250 SDD that is used for the OS. Recently, I have had issues with performance of the computer getting worse, games not loading, programs hanging up. But I remove the 3TB drive and suddenly all...