Windows 10: domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

Discus and support domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob NewtonCG, Mar 17, 2023.

1. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Rob NewtonCG, Mar 17, 2023
  2. bdanmo Win User

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 17, 2023
  4. dedythea Win User

domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

Unable to Login to Domain

Have Lenovo with Win 10 Home installed.
    Run upgrade to 10 Pro.
    Joined to domain.
    Assigned 2-3 domain users to be able to login to this machine.
    Failed to login with any domain users, says" The user name or password is incorrect. Try again".
    Tried to use static IP, re-join to domain, change computer name, disable IP6 -- NO LUCK.
    Tried to do drive mapping from command line using domain user, it works.
    Please advise.
    Domain is in Windows 2008 R2.

dedythea, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

1. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time - Similar Threads - domain login freezing

2. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  3. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  4. Problem Joining a Domain

Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  5. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  6. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  7. Cant join domain

8. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  9. wrong time on domain joined computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong time on domain joined computer: Hi, We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings however the option to change the time is not available. [ATTACH] I get the same screen on the rest of our computers and...
  10. Domain Joining error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...