Windows 10: Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?

Discus and support Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am looking to reset my laptop to help performance before school starts and choose keep my data. My main concern is all my files I keep on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Crawlzzz, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?

I am looking to reset my laptop to help performance before school starts and choose keep my data. My main concern is all my files I keep on the desktop. I keep most of my documents in folders there, and I want to know if I have to change where they're saved if I want them to be kept or if they will remain after the reset.

submitted by /u/Crawlzzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Crawlzzz, Aug 21, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Pranav_P Win User

Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?

How to reset pc without losing files Windows 10

I wanted to reset my computer as it was running slow but i didnt want to lose my data i read that files kept on pc desktop wont be deleted if you use keep my files option so i tried resetting but then the pop up gave me a list of files saying “Your apps
    will be deleted, have to be reinstalled. This is a list of programs that will be saved on the desktop that can be viewed later” i didnt understand what it meant the list contained files i wanted to keep on the computer. Are those files going to be deleted?
    Or Saved?

Pranav_P, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?

1. Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files? - Similar Threads - Does Reset Delete

2. Delete files on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delete files on desktop: i cant delete some of my files on my desktop, it keeps on reappearing after trying to erase it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-files-on-desktop/21083a37-f341-4c93-a80f-83c067a19d7e
  3. Delete files on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete files on desktop: i cant delete some of my files on my desktop, it keeps on reappearing after trying to erase it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-files-on-desktop/21083a37-f341-4c93-a80f-83c067a19d7e
  4. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Deleting Files: I have windows 10 when ever I shut down my pc the desktop delete the whatsapp and other shortcut from my desktop. Also it deleted some of my other documents but the documents are not shown in recycle bin how ever whatsapp shortcut and others are being displayed and when I...
  5. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Deleting Files: I have windows 10 when ever I shut down my pc the desktop delete the whatsapp and other shortcut from my desktop. Also it deleted some of my other documents but the documents are not shown in recycle bin how ever whatsapp shortcut and others are being displayed and when I...
  6. Windows Update deleted files and reset desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update deleted files and reset desktop: I have been fighting this issue for a week now. I have tried all of the things suggested in the forum and still have nothing. I have learned a few additional details during this process. I ran a couple of different recovery programs and apparently the remnants of my files...
  7. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

“Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.: I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next....
  8. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  9. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5
  10. files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc: Hello I recently reconnected to the internet and almost immediately I had old files from my recycle bin appear on my desktop that I can not move or delete. Also I am unable to reset my pc....