Windows 10: Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?

Discus and support Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm bringing my laptop to repair the monitor at ASUS and they usually factory reset their customer's laptop with a warning beforehand. I didn't backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter Ho2, Sep 27, 2024.

1. Peter Ho2 Win User

Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?

I'm bringing my laptop to repair the monitor at ASUS and they usually factory reset their customer's laptop with a warning beforehand. I didn't backup my laptop yet! What do I do for them to not factory reset it?

:)

Peter Ho2, Sep 27, 2024

2. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive

Jaylen Moore, Sep 27, 2024
  3. jjod58 Win User
    How to Factory Reset Drives?

Greetings,

I recently was having issues with my PC and decided to factory reset it from a USB drive. When it was finished resetting, I had 3 drives instead of my normal 2, so I deleted the extra one. I then factory reset it once more and when it was done I had Windows
    on my 1 TB drive (DDoes factory resetting affects the D: Drive? :) instead of my 100 GB drive (CDoes factory resetting affects the D: Drive? :). My C: drive only has 500 MB available on it now and it says I have 111 GB of unallocated memory. How do I reset my drives back to factory settings? I have tried resetting my PC and it has only reset files
    but not the drives. Any suggestions?

Thank you

jjod58, Sep 27, 2024
  4. Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 27, 2024
Thema:

Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?

1. Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive? - Similar Threads - Does factory resetting

2. Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?: I'm bringing my laptop to repair the monitor at ASUS and they usually factory reset their customer's laptop with a warning beforehand. I didn't backup my laptop yet! What do I do for them to not factory reset it?...
  3. Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does factory resetting affects the D: Drive?: I'm bringing my laptop to repair the monitor at ASUS and they usually factory reset their customer's laptop with a warning beforehand. I didn't backup my laptop yet! What do I do for them to not factory reset it?...
  4. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  5. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  6. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive not showing up after factory reset: Hi all,I just did a complete factory reset of my computer and now my D drive is not showing up.. That is where I want to put most of my files. I'm guessing Disk 1 Partition 2 is my D drive because I believe I have 1TB of space on it. But I'm not sure how to access the D...
  7. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

D Drive not showing up after factory reset: Hi all,I just did a complete factory reset of my computer and now my D drive is not showing up.. That is where I want to put most of my files. I'm guessing Disk 1 Partition 2 is my D drive because I believe I have 1TB of space on it. But I'm not sure how to access the D...
  8. D drive After factory reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive After factory reset issue: Hello, im having an issue after factory resetting my PC. Every year i reset my PC so i can start with a fresh PC that is fast. This year i reset my PC using a USB and i install the windows 10 installation media https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10.After...
  9. D drive After factory reset issue

D drive After factory reset issue: Hello, im having an issue after factory resetting my PC. Every year i reset my PC so i can start with a fresh PC that is fast. This year i reset my PC using a USB and i install the windows 10 installation media https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10.After...
  10. D drive After factory reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade