Windows 10: Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?

Discus and support Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I forgot to put the cmos back in the motherboard but when i did. The pc does not turn on.. No signs of life, the fans are not spinning nor anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karl Placio, May 17, 2024.

1. Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?

I forgot to put the cmos back in the motherboard but when i did. The pc does not turn on.. No signs of life, the fans are not spinning nor anything does something

:)

Karl Placio, May 17, 2024

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, May 17, 2024
  3. Ekul001 Win User
    PC update interrupted itself now cannot boot

I didn't suggest that it fried my motherboard. I suggested that running it with an underpowered PSU did, however.

I've already tried those steps, unfortunately

Thanks for your time

Ekul001, May 17, 2024
  4. FabioMC Win User

Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?

Boot only with cmos cleared

Law-II: Thank u so much for helpinh but I had already done those steps. I'm testing with minimal hardware and single dimm at a2.

As I said. If I clear CMOS or run MEMOK button the system boots and I can run windows8 stable and fine using F8 (boot menu) but whenever I restart or save any bios settings (save and restart) the system doesn't post anymore.

FabioMC, May 17, 2024
Thema:

Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?

1. Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard? - Similar Threads - Does booting without

2. Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?: I forgot to put the cmos back in the motherboard but when i did. The pc does not turn on.. No signs of life, the fans are not spinning nor anything does something...
  3. Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does booting up a pc without the cmos can kill a motherboard?: I forgot to put the cmos back in the motherboard but when i did. The pc does not turn on.. No signs of life, the fans are not spinning nor anything does something...
  4. If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...: If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation anyway? OR, in detail:-I use a Gigabyte motherboard. In my case, every time I switch on my computer after a complete shutdown even from main power switch board a screen appears with a...
  5. If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...: If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation anyway? OR, in detail:-I use a Gigabyte motherboard. In my case, every time I switch on my computer after a complete shutdown even from main power switch board a screen appears with a...
  6. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  7. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  8. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My PC Does Not Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  10. My PC Does Not Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...