Windows 10: document folders win 11

Discus and support document folders win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my previous win 10 computer I had 8 external drives attached, I redirected the DOCUMENT folder to a folder on one of these externals to save space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nrr18, Mar 24, 2022.

1. nrr18 Win User

document folders win 11

On my previous win 10 computer I had 8 external drives attached, I redirected the DOCUMENT folder to a folder on one of these externals to save space on my main drive c:. drive, That computer "died"; I bought a new win 11 and attached all the external drives to it--win 11 recognized lots of my old settings including my document redirection, BUT there are now lots of document* folders scattered among my other externals. I want ONE single document folder for all my saved pdfs. *some folders seem to duplicate data in other folders...too much clutter.HELP!

:)

nrr18, Mar 24, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 24, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 24, 2022
  4. document folders win 11

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

document folders win 11

1. document folders win 11 - Similar Threads - document folders

2. Replaced Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced Documents Folder: Hello,So I have created quite a debacle for myself and I am unsure if I have fixed it or not. I was messing around in my OneDrive folder and trying to organize things a few days ago. I beleive that I replaced the "Documents System Folder" in one drive with the Documents...
  3. Replaced Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replaced Documents Folder: Hello,So I have created quite a debacle for myself and I am unsure if I have fixed it or not. I was messing around in my OneDrive folder and trying to organize things a few days ago. I beleive that I replaced the "Documents System Folder" in one drive with the Documents...
  4. Duplicate "desktop", "documents", etc. folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate "desktop", "documents", etc. folder: Why there seems to be another "documents", "desktop", etc. folders in my Data D:, and same folder names pinned in file explorer. It seems to be different since the "desktop" folder in Data D: seems to have some of the files and folder in my actual desktop, but whenever I...
  5. Duplicate "desktop", "documents", etc. folder

Duplicate "desktop", "documents", etc. folder: Why there seems to be another "documents", "desktop", etc. folders in my Data D:, and same folder names pinned in file explorer. It seems to be different since the "desktop" folder in Data D: seems to have some of the files and folder in my actual desktop, but whenever I...
  6. Why did my DOCUMENTS folder change from "stored locally" to One Drive? It looks like all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my DOCUMENTS folder change from "stored locally" to One Drive? It looks like all...: I want all of my documents to save to my computer and then sync to the OneDrive/Cloud. I do not want them all stored directly on OneDrive, because then some of my apps/programs do not access the files properly. How can I get that changed back and set permanently? I use...
  7. Why did my DOCUMENTS folder change from "stored locally" to One Drive? It looks like all...

Why did my DOCUMENTS folder change from "stored locally" to One Drive? It looks like all...: I want all of my documents to save to my computer and then sync to the OneDrive/Cloud. I do not want them all stored directly on OneDrive, because then some of my apps/programs do not access the files properly. How can I get that changed back and set permanently? I use...
  8. OneDrive removed my Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders off my PC and I can't get them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive removed my Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders off my PC and I can't get them...: How do I get these back or remake them?I have stopped the OneDrive sync completely. Sidenote: why would you make something that removes the local folders!! Stupid idea Microsoft.I moved the folders to a different drive when I mapped my new PC. These now exist back in my C;/...
  9. OneDrive removed my Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders off my PC and I can't get them...

OneDrive removed my Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders off my PC and I can't get them...: How do I get these back or remake them?I have stopped the OneDrive sync completely. Sidenote: why would you make something that removes the local folders!! Stupid idea Microsoft.I moved the folders to a different drive when I mapped my new PC. These now exist back in my C;/...
  10. It seems like my Documents and Download folder has merged

It seems like my Documents and Download folder has merged: Whenever i go to my files i see on quick access that it has the name "Documents" but still has the download logo. Do I need to worry about this and if so how do I fix it?...