Windows 10: Do you know what .lock_ is? I got this recently on my PC.

Discus and support Do you know what .lock_ is? I got this recently on my PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/gsc1soxg9nvc1.png?width=835&format=png&auto=webp&s=8f655b14d86101b281e882db6faeb7d49d95c8ee submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Impossible-Expert-99, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Do you know what .lock_ is? I got this recently on my PC.

/u/Impossible-Expert-99, Apr 20, 2024

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 20, 2024
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 20, 2024
  4. Do you know what .lock_ is? I got this recently on my PC.

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 20, 2024
Thema:

Do you know what .lock_ is? I got this recently on my PC.

1. Do you know what .lock_ is? I got this recently on my PC. - Similar Threads - lock_ got recently

2. My VERSION.dll got corrupted and i dont know what to do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My VERSION.dll got corrupted and i dont know what to do: Hello, I was going to play a game but when I went to enter it the error 0xc0000020 appeared and I realized that there was something wrong in System32 I went to see and the dll VERSION.dll is there but it is probably corrupted I downloaded a copy of it and went to replace it...
  3. My VERSION.dll got corrupted and i dont know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My VERSION.dll got corrupted and i dont know what to do: Hello, I was going to play a game but when I went to enter it the error 0xc0000020 appeared and I realized that there was something wrong in System32 I went to see and the dll VERSION.dll is there but it is probably corrupted I downloaded a copy of it and went to replace it...
  4. My VERSION.dll got corrupted and i dont know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A randomly nsfw video got in my pc i don't know how what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A randomly nsfw video got in my pc i don't know how what should i do?: I was just checking some files and i saw a nsfw video and i never ever downloaded that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-randomly-nsfw-video-got-in-my-pc-i-dont-know-how/817186a5-2e97-4486-92ee-d63b5af50bca
  6. A randomly nsfw video got in my pc i don't know how what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A randomly nsfw video got in my pc i don't know how what should i do?: I was just checking some files and i saw a nsfw video and i never ever downloaded that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-randomly-nsfw-video-got-in-my-pc-i-dont-know-how/817186a5-2e97-4486-92ee-d63b5af50bca
  7. Do any of you know what this is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do any of you know what this is: There's a program that's called "Windows Driver Package - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Wireless controller for PLAYSTATION(R)3 Driver Package (01/20/2012 1.4.0.0). I wouldn't have worried about it except for the fact that I haven't used my ps3 in a long time, and when I...
  8. Pc got suddently very slow, I don't know why and what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc got suddently very slow, I don't know why and what to do: Hello, An hour ago I was working with PyCharm, then stopped using the pc to have dinner. When I came back, Windows got noticebly slower and laggier. I did not know what was going on, since my pc is almost brand new got it on September 29th. It feels like the whole system...
  9. Do you know What is ByteFence?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you know What is ByteFence?: [ATTACH] Is ByteFence Anti Malware Safe? What is ByteFence ? ByteFence is a reliable anti-malware program designed and marketed by Byte Technologies. Many believe it to be a virus, but in reality, it is not. The critical executable file of this product is called...
  10. do you know What is ByteFence ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    do you know What is ByteFence ?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-you-know-what-is-bytefence/300eb3af-0487-4f55-8086-cc28079cce34