Windows 10: do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one?

Discus and support do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,i have bought a new SSD. but my laptop have only 1 SSD Slot. if i clone my old window to new SSD, then do i need to reactivate that window. or is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muhammad Numan4, Jun 6, 2024.

1. do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one?

Hi,i have bought a new SSD. but my laptop have only 1 SSD Slot. if i clone my old window to new SSD, then do i need to reactivate that window. or is it even possible to use that old window on new SSD with all the apps and activation ?

:)

Muhammad Numan4, Jun 6, 2024

2. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Jun 6, 2024
  3. Activate windows 11 randomly, recently installed new SSD and cloned old one to it?

Hi.

I recently installed a new M.2 NVMe SSD and clonsed my old SSD to it, and formatted the old SSD. It was all fine, and has been for about a month. A few days ago it has asked me to reactivate windows again. Troubleshooter doesn't work, I can't seem to find a contact number anywhere, or online chat support. I can't get my product key as it's not on the PC tower itself and I purchased it a couple years ago. It was Windows 10, but upgraded to Windows 11.

How do I fix this?

Jay Shutts, Jun 6, 2024
  4. do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one?

My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

Hi Pro,

I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.

Yes, you can install Windows 11 on the new SSD without using the old one. Before any procedure, disconnect the old SSD to avoid issues during the installation.

Download the Media Creation Tool to create the USB installation drive to install Windows 11 on the new SSD.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Jun 6, 2024
Thema:

do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one?

1. do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one? - Similar Threads - need reactivate window

2. do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do i need to reactivate my window 11 on new SSD if take take out the old one?: Hi,i have bought a new SSD. but my laptop have only 1 SSD Slot. if i clone my old window to new SSD, then do i need to reactivate that window. or is it even possible to use that old window on new SSD with all the apps and activation ?...
  3. Do I need to backup my old ssd to still have windows on my new ssd

Do I need to backup my old ssd to still have windows on my new ssd: I am planning on upgrading my m.2 ssd from 512gb to 1000gb and if I install the new ssd without backing up will I still have windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-backup-my-old-ssd-to-still-have/d70a7ecc-554f-4da3-9271-bf5c8e8da0bf
  4. Do I need "SystemSettingsBroker" on Windows 11? Out of nowhere it will take up 12% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need "SystemSettingsBroker" on Windows 11? Out of nowhere it will take up 12% of my CPU: Do I need "SystemSettingsBroker" on Windows 11? Out of nowhere it will take up 12% of my CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-systemsettingsbroker-on-windows-11-out/7a38c95c-7514-4fd7-acfc-0480c6c1757b
  5. Do I need "SystemSettingsBroker" on Windows 11? Out of nowhere it will take up 12% of my CPU

Do I need "SystemSettingsBroker" on Windows 11? Out of nowhere it will take up 12% of my CPU: Do I need "SystemSettingsBroker" on Windows 11? Out of nowhere it will take up 12% of my CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-systemsettingsbroker-on-windows-11-out/7a38c95c-7514-4fd7-acfc-0480c6c1757b
  6. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  7. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  8. where i can see if i got a new ssd or hdd to take out the hard drive i take out or my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where i can see if i got a new ssd or hdd to take out the hard drive i take out or my...: where i can see if i got a new ssd or hdd to take out the hard drive i take out or my brother or even if its working or updated not updates i downloaded trojan and even if i cloned the disk its ruined too or if i use only c the d would be good or if i use d it would not be...
  9. Not taking my old credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not taking my old credentials: I have old Microsoft account and had written somewhere safe. Now I can't find it where I had written. Also my recovery email id not receiving recovery link. What should i do?...
  10. Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?: I am trying to uninstall my windows 10 from my old laptop and reinstall it on a new computer I just bought. I tried the slui.exe4, but the system said that it can't run that. How do I do this change?...