Windows 10: Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed...

Discus and support Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm wondering if all the computers around the globe that utilise Windows have pre-installed the English TTS voices. For example, would a Windows OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Καραογλανίδης Δημήτρης, Aug 30, 2024.

1. Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed...

I'm wondering if all the computers around the globe that utilise Windows have pre-installed the English TTS voices. For example, would a Windows OS that has been exported to Germany or to Russia have installed the English TTS Voices despite it's main language being German/Russian?.I couldn't find any answers as per this question so I thought asking here would be the most appropriate. We're working on a project that utilises just the basic English TTS voice and the program we use does not come with it's own TTS, rather it depends on system files to find a TTS voice. Godot TTS

:)

Καραογλανίδης Δημήτρης, Aug 30, 2024
  2. 3d1l Win User

Can't get voice for TTS listed in Control Panel - Speech Properties

Hello, I'm using Windows 10 22H2 19045.2251. I already went to Windows Setting and added all the languages that I want and change the voice for TTS that I want to use:
    Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed... 379026d1668308800t-cant-get-voice-tts-listed-control-panel-speech-properties-clipboard01.png
    The problem is that I have a particular program that uses the Windows 10 system option in order to Read Aloud text within the application. But the voice that it uses is not the one display in the above image, instead the application uses the voice that configured from Control Panel - Speech Recognition - Text to Speech - Voice Selection:
    Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed... 379027d1668309081t-cant-get-voice-tts-listed-control-panel-speech-properties-clipboard02.png
    Problem is that the voices listed there are limited and the voices that were added at Windows Setting are not listed. Also you can see in the image that the "Settings" button is dimmed so apart from selecting a voice from the limited list I can't do anything else in Control Panel. The voices that are listed in Control Panel are only: Microsoft David Desktop - English Microsoft Helena - Spanish Microsoft Sabrina - Spanish Microsoft Zira Desktop - English Do you know if it is possible to get the Languages-Voices that were added from Windows Settings listed in the Voice Selection option in Control Panel? The voices I will like to add at least are: Microsoft Pablo Microsoft Laura Microsoft Raul Thanks.

3. Utilizing a 3rd-Party Text-to-speech module

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

It sounds like the TTS file you downloaded is specific to the text-to-speech module you're using, and it may not be directly compatible with Windows 10's built-in text-to-speech functionality. However, you can still use the third-party text-to-speech module that you downloaded with other programs that support it.

Here are some steps you can take to use the TTS voice with third-party software:

Install the third-party text-to-speech module: Follow the instructions provided by the module's developer to install it on your computer.

Configure the text-to-speech module: Once the module is installed, open the settings or preferences for the program you want to use it with. Look for a setting related to text-to-speech, and select the third-party module you installed.

Select the TTS voice: In the text-to-speech settings, select the TTS voice you downloaded. It may be listed under the name of the developer or the name of the voice.

Test the TTS voice: Enter some text into the program you're using, and play it back to test the TTS voice. If it doesn't work, double-check your settings and make sure the TTS module is properly installed.

If you're looking to replace the default TTS voice in Windows 10, you may need to look for a different solution. Windows 10 uses a different file format for its TTS voices, and they're not directly compatible with third-party TTS modules. However, some programs allow you to use third-party TTS voices within their interface, so you may be able to use the voice within a specific program, even if you can't use it as your system-wide TTS voice.

Regards

Nicole Aljecera, Aug 30, 2024
  4. Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed...

Changing Text to Speech Voice

Hello,

I've been trying to make the Microsoft George text to speech voice on my Windows 10 desktop computer available for use in the third-party program, Voice Attack. I downloaded the English (UK) language pack, and thought that would be enough, but not only is
    the voice not visible to voice attack, it's not visible to Microsoft Office, and I can't get it to read anything except the sample text in setting when you click the Preview button.

I tried setting Microsoft George as my default text to speech voice in Settings and restarted my computer. The default text to speech voice in settings still said it's Microsoft George as it should, but everything reads in the Microsoft David voice, and
    Microsoft George is still not visible to Voice Attack. The strange part is that Microsoft Hazel does show up and does work in other applications. I checked Control Panel>Ease of Access>Use a computer without a display>Set up text to speech, and Only David,
    Zira, and Hazel show up, same as in Voice Attack. I tried downloading the English (UK) language pack from the Control Panel instead of settings but to no effect. The only thing I haven't tried is setting my default language to English (UK), because I don't
    want my written languages to change. Other than that, I'm out of things to try.

I can't seem to find anyone who's having quite the same problem as me online. I did get something that suggested that the voice I want might be somehow only available for mobile operating systems, but I've found nothing to suggest that this one is a mobile
    voice on the website or in Settings. If for some reason it is incompatible with a desktop OS, I would appreciate any suggestion (short of piracy which I don't engage in) anyone has of how I can get a reasonably high quality male TTS with a British accent to
    work on my Windows 10 desktop without having to pay upwards of $30 for the professional ones.

Thank you.

GeorgeMurphy1, Aug 30, 2024
Thema:

Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed...

1. Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed... - Similar Threads - computers English TTS

2. Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do all computers that come with Windows OS have English TTS Text To Speech Voices installed...: I'm wondering if all the computers around the globe that utilise Windows have pre-installed the English TTS voices. For example, would a Windows OS that has been exported to Germany or to Russia have installed the English TTS Voices despite it's main language being...
  3. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  4. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  5. TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?: I wonder, is there a way to make voices of foreign languages speak English without it sounding like "broken English"? For example, English with a Japanese accent? Or maybe even a Dutch or a German accent? Here's an example. English with a German accent: Airport Announcements...
  6. TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?

TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?: I wonder, is there a way to make voices of foreign languages speak English without it sounding like "broken English"? For example, English with a Japanese accent? Or maybe even a Dutch or a German accent? Here's an example. English with a German accent: Airport Announcements...
  7. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  8. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  9. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

10. Text to Speech Not all Voices Appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text to Speech Not all Voices Appearing: I've installed several different voice packages for a variety of languages using the instruction given by Microsoft How to download Text-to-Speech languages for Windows 10 - Office Support microsoft.com All the installed voices are showing up here with their languages, but...