Windows 10: displays disconnect consistently

Discus and support displays disconnect consistently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so I have a problem with my pc and would like some help. I run 2 55" flat screen tv's as monitors. I do use HDR on my main monitor and not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IlI F 3 A R IlI, Mar 24, 2021.

1. displays disconnect consistently

Hi, so I have a problem with my pc and would like some help. I run 2 55" flat screen tv's as monitors. I do use HDR on my main monitor and not my secondary. And i have my main monitor set to 120hz and my secondary to 60hz. They are different model TV's. My secondary tv will sometimes disconnect and reconnect immediately. this usually only happens once then its fine. Some of the more extreme events will involve both monitors doing this repeatedly. Usually this only happens when i try launching a specific game and have something like Netflix or Crunchyroll or amazon prime video running on the second monitor somehow YouTube is fine. When its the minor issue its tolerable. i would prefer if i could fix this cause it it annoying but the more extreme event will prevent tracking of mouse and keyboard while main monitor is black and will also re-center the mouse. The screens will continue to rapidly connect and disconnect repeatedly until i can manage to crash the game. I think it has todo with a resolution problem but I'm not tech expert. I have only had one instance where one have my monitors stayed disconnected.

OS- Windows 10 64-bit
    CPU- Intel i9-9900K
    Memory-32GB DDR4
    GPU- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super
    Storage- 2x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, WD Passport X 258D USB Device
    Display-
    Main: TCL 55" 6-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV - 55R635, 2021 Model
    Secondary: TCL 55" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV-55S435, 2021 Model

I would really appreciate help on this as it is very annoying.
    Thank you

:)

IlI F 3 A R IlI, Mar 24, 2021

2. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Wireless display adapters keep disconnecting

Hi Luke,

It's possible that the devices aren't fully compatible, causing the disconnection. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Just to confirm, are you using a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, or is it a third-party device?
    • Did you make any changes to the computers before this started happening?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are using on your computers? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does it get disconnected when using a particular program?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, please post a screenshot.
    • Since you mentioned you've done some troubleshooting steps, can you list them all so that we could move on to the next ones?

Yolvi Ell, Mar 24, 2021
  4. displays disconnect consistently

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

displays disconnect consistently

1. displays disconnect consistently - Similar Threads - displays disconnect consistently

2. All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display": Dell Latitude 5430 connected to Dell WD22TB4 docking station. This morning I connected my laptop and all three desktop displays are stuck in "disconnect this display", changing to duplicate or extend prompts to "keep changes" or "revert" but nothing changes. I have rebooted...
  3. All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display": Dell Latitude 5430 connected to Dell WD22TB4 docking station. This morning I connected my laptop and all three desktop displays are stuck in "disconnect this display", changing to duplicate or extend prompts to "keep changes" or "revert" but nothing changes. I have rebooted...
  4. All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Regular and consistent display freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular and consistent display freeze.: Hi, I have an unusual problem. I have a new Ryzen 9 7950X / X670E Steel Legend Motherboard with 64Gb DDR5 RAM, an nVidia RTX 4090 and 4TB SSD running Windows 11. I primarily use MSFS SU11 in VR Varjo Aero. Every 9-12 minutes the monitor or VR headset freezes for around half a...
  6. Regular and consistent display freeze.

Regular and consistent display freeze.: Hi, I have an unusual problem. I have a new Ryzen 9 7950X / X670E Steel Legend Motherboard with 64Gb DDR5 RAM, an nVidia RTX 4090 and 4TB SSD running Windows 11. I primarily use MSFS SU11 in VR Varjo Aero. Every 9-12 minutes the monitor or VR headset freezes for around half a...
  7. Displays keep disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays keep disconnecting: Hi,I have three monitors connected to my Windows 11 computer, 1 connected using displayport, 2 connected using HDMI cables. Sometimes when my computer boots, I have to reselect "Extend the desktop to this display" on one or both of the HDMI monitors.It then works for some...
  8. Displays keep disconnecting

Displays keep disconnecting: Hi,I have three monitors connected to my Windows 11 computer, 1 connected using displayport, 2 connected using HDMI cables. Sometimes when my computer boots, I have to reselect "Extend the desktop to this display" on one or both of the HDMI monitors.It then works for some...
  9. Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently: Hello. I would like that every time I open a folder the various icons are always in the same consistent order and arrangement. Multiple times I have tried the following sequence yet every now and then I’ll open a folder and the icons will be scattered in a random order. Can...
  10. Random and consistent internet disconnections (fixed by reboot)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random and consistent internet disconnections (fixed by reboot): Problem: This problem started to occur recently (2-3 months ago). My computer (internet is cable connected) would randomly disconnect within a few hours of being turned on. It tends to happen multiple times a day (approx 1-4 times), every day. The weird thing is, the...