Windows 10: Display screen flickering on startup

Discus and support Display screen flickering on startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since reinstalling Windows 11, this issue has started occuring when booting up my laptop or when I close and reopen the lid screen goes off/black. this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Glyn Lewis1, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Display screen flickering on startup

Since reinstalling Windows 11, this issue has started occuring when booting up my laptop or when I close and reopen the lid screen goes off/black. this can be quite extreme to th epoint where the screen behind is bareley visable and jumping all over the place. I have found a work around to stop the flickering, by disabling then re-enmabling the IntelR IrisR XE Graphics driver, however this can be extremely difficult as the flicking can be a lot worse than other times. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstaling this driver. Downloaded the Intel driver and support assistant to ensure

:)

Glyn Lewis1, Jun 19, 2024

2. Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Display screen flickering on startup

Flickering screen and unable to maximize items

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with flickering screen, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How often you see black/ flickering screen on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is the issue of maximizing the screen confined to any particular game?
    • Were you able to see any error code with this issue?

I would like to inform that screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps like Check to see if
    Task Manager flickers, Uninstall an incompatible app,
    Update your display driver from the Microsoft article about flickering screen and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Display screen flickering on startup

1. Display screen flickering on startup - Similar Threads - Display screen flickering

2. Display screen flickering on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display screen flickering on startup: Since reinstalling Windows 11, this issue has started occuring when booting up my laptop or when I close and reopen the lid screen goes off/black. this can be quite extreme to th epoint where the screen behind is bareley visable and jumping all over the place. I have found a...
  3. Weird colour display and flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird colour display and flickering screen: Hello! I’ve been playing a new game recently but the colours look extremely pinkish and bright on my screen. I’ve streamed the game once and it looks normal to my friends but on my end it looks weird so I figured it might be my PC settings. On top of that, my screen keeps...
  4. PC screen Flickering on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen Flickering on startup: Whenever I turn on my laptop my pc screen starts flickering and going black but when I restart my pc it gets fixed.....so any permanent solution for this issue?.......I am currently of windows 11 version 22h222621.1194 stable build....
  5. PC screen Flickering on startup

PC screen Flickering on startup: Whenever I turn on my laptop my pc screen starts flickering and going black but when I restart my pc it gets fixed.....so any permanent solution for this issue?.......I am currently of windows 11 version 22h222621.1194 stable build....
  6. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  7. Display or screen flickers

Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  8. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Screen Flickering and Display Drivers Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering and Display Drivers Help: I have a Surface pro 4 and the screen is flickering. I tried to do what Windows said and it is still flickering. Any suggetions on what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-and-display-drivers-help/684f3438-e558-446e-af97-0fce435c94f3
  10. Flickering screen / no display on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flickering screen / no display on laptop: Hello, i have a issue with the display after the following update. KB5000808. I am using dell laptop 5558, with intel hd graphics 4400. At present I am using the pc by connecting it to my TV. Unfortunately I have no restore point to restore my laptop. If I try to uninstall...