Windows 10: disk space increases on boot

Discus and support disk space increases on boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i boot up my pc my disk space increases? why did this happens because when i boot my pc when c: drive is full it will no longer boot up so i clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by test test, Aug 11, 2023.

1. test test Win User

disk space increases on boot

when i boot up my pc my disk space increases? why did this happens because when i boot my pc when c: drive is full it will no longer boot up so i clean it none of them worked is there a way to solve this?

:)

test test, Aug 11, 2023

2. low disk space

Here are a few obvious options:

1. Delete unneeded things.
    2. Increase your partition size.
    3. Replace the disk with a larger one.

Frederik Long, Aug 11, 2023
  3. Disk or memory space

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. You may check which particular program is using the memory. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key + X, select task manager.

b) Click on the ‘processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

c) Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

One of the methods to solve the problem is to increase the virtual memory. Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each
    drive.

If the issue persists you can place the computer in a
    Clean Boot
    and check.

PeterPeng3, Aug 11, 2023
  4. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Aug 11, 2023
Thema:

1. disk space increases on boot - Similar Threads - disk space increases

2. INCREASE DISK PARTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INCREASE DISK PARTS: Hello there! I have been having problems with partitions and storage on my computer. Drive C is practically full, I have the EFI and Recovery partitions with all the free space. The problem is that having the Drive C full I cannot update Windows, or update and download...
  3. INCREASE DISK PARTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INCREASE DISK PARTS: Hello there! I have been having problems with partitions and storage on my computer. Drive C is practically full, I have the EFI and Recovery partitions with all the free space. The problem is that having the Drive C full I cannot update Windows, or update and download...
  4. disk space increases on boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk space increases on boot: when i boot up my pc my disk space increases? why did this happens because when i boot my pc when c: drive is full it will no longer boot up so i clean it none of them worked is there a way to solve this?...
  5. disk space increases on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk space increases on boot: when i boot up my pc my disk space increases? why did this happens because when i boot my pc when c: drive is full it will no longer boot up so i clean it none of them worked is there a way to solve this?...
  6. Deleting files does not increase disk space

Deleting files does not increase disk space: I wanted to reinstall a game on my laptop and couldn't because I did not have enough free space on the drive.I responded by trying to delete a slew of old saved games, which were backed up to my OneDrive despite my never having set them to be backed up #@$@#$ which resulted...
  7. Storage Spaces with Boot Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces with Boot Disk: I have a new laptop with a single SSD on a PCIe controller, Win 10 Pro. That SSD is my boot drive. Can I add a second SSD of exactly the same model and size and create a mirror without data loss?It seems that a long time ago it was not possible but now might be different. I...
  8. Increase disk space

Increase disk space: Expanding c drive or make a new drive for my own needs. Which is best for my new laptop ? I have 1 TB of HDD but only can use the c drive which is 111 GB. ***Original Title: disk management***...
  9. Available disk space is not increasing even after deleting files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Available disk space is not increasing even after deleting files: I deleted some videos on my c drive downloads folder with size of approximately 3 GB. But even after deleting the files, the available free space on my c drive remains the same as if I had not deleted those files. My recycle bin is empty too. Please help submitted by...
  10. Increase space on local E disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase space on local E disk: Have plenty of space on C drive. Keep getting message the space on E drive is low. How can I increase memory on E drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-space-on-local-e-disk/55d16937-b500-4e01-86a6-1a9f7c4443f5