Windows 10: Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...

Discus and support Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to run disk management it says it could not start VDS Virtual Disk Service. I need to perform some tasks in disk management but it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris_289, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:13 PM.

1. Chris_289 Win User

Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...

When I try to run disk management it says it could not start VDS Virtual Disk Service. I need to perform some tasks in disk management but it will not load. I would post a screenshot of the entire message, but it will not accept screenshots from me for some reason. Please note that this is a single HP desktop. I have never had any kind of remote computer hooked up to this computer.

:)

2. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service, shutdown hangs

So I have a mess of problems, although I suspect they all stem from one thing. The issues I'm facing with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 are:

1. Application installers hang forever
    2. Going to Disk Management hangs connecting to the Virtual Disk Service
    3. When I try to restart my computer, it just hangs with the rotating dots saying restarting
    4. Whenever I try to do some things with disks, like writing an image file to a USB drive, it hangs
    5. Trying to select a backup drive for a Windows 7 style backup, it hangs
    So it seems tied into a problem with disk drives and likely the Virtual Disk Service and/or the Volume Shadow Copy Service. I've tried the various suggestions related to startup settings for VDS and VSCS, they both end up in a running state.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-tl

3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any... :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

4. Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...

Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure

I am running Windows 10 Home version 1903. I installed a new disk and tried to run Disk Management. It fails with the error "Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service" and a "The remote procedure call failed" error. I have looked through dozens of other
    instances of this error in online forums and have tried all the suggestions I can find (e.g. SFC, DISM, checking services settings etc.) and nothing solves the problem.

It looks to me from the system event log like the VDS is starting but terminating straight away "unexpectedly".

I can't remember the last time it worked successfully because it's obviously not something I use very often.

Thema:

Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...

1. Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any... - Similar Threads - Disk Management says

2. Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...: When I try to run disk management it says it could not start VDS Virtual Disk Service. I need to perform some tasks in disk management but it will not load. I would post a screenshot of the entire message, but it will not accept screenshots from me for some reason. Please...
  3. Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management says virtual disk can't be found on remote computer, but I do not have any...: When I try to run disk management it says it could not start VDS Virtual Disk Service. I need to perform some tasks in disk management but it will not load. I would post a screenshot of the entire message, but it will not accept screenshots from me for some reason. Please...
  4. Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management: I am running a Dell XPS702 with Windows 10 and recently tried to format a USB. After this operation the Disk Management system is blank and gives Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service. I have tried manually activating it using services.msc but although it starts it...
  5. Disk Management "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service": I have checked it out in Services.msc Manual, take no action, take no action. I have run sfc/scannow with no issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-unable-to-connect-to-virtual-disk/4bb80116-c063-4e05-9216-3f56c4231f37
  6. disk management on remote computer

disk management on remote computer: Hi, in Disk Management (W10) I don't see an option for connection to remote computer. Just wondering is it possible by another means... Thanks. 150008
  7. i have a virtual disk problem

i have a virtual disk problem: Hello Sir\Mam My Name is Zeshan Anwer. and I use windows 10. I were try to get updates of windows 10. but in those update. i am being force to install Microsoft Virtual drive? I were not needed it. i only wanted to keep my windows updated so i could use it for longer period...
  8. Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure

Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure: I am running Windows 10 Home version 1903. I installed a new disk and tried to run Disk Management. It fails with the error "Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service" and a "The remote procedure call failed" error. I have looked through dozens of other instances of this...
  9. virtual disk manager

virtual disk manager: how do I turn off "Virtual Disk Manager"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager/b4a6b319-ea39-4daf-ab20-9687e531a4a6
  10. virtual disk manager

virtual disk manager: i just upgraded to a samsung ssd on my lenovo t580. when i try to create a new simple volume it gives me this error. (disk 1 is my old hdd plugged in through a usb cable). i would prefer to merge the unallocated space with the C: drive, but that does not appear to be possible...