Windows 10: Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

Discus and support Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Craig S, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Craig S Win User

Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to put blank disks in too, but on both it doesn't even say that there is something on my disk drive It just says "Please Insert Disk", This happened after I burned around 4 GB to my DVD-R disks to transfer over to my newer computer, as I am factory resetting my computer.This happened on Windows 7, And is still happenin

:)

Craig S, Jan 14, 2023
  2. Roan T Win User

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Jan 14, 2023
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jan 14, 2023
  4. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Jan 14, 2023
Thema:

1. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Read

2. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  3. Disk drive read error has occurred

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk drive read error has occurred: This happened after I used a software known as aomei to merge an unallocated space to my c drive due to extreme storage issues where I had no space at all anybody could know how to fix this? I tried resetting bios and checking boot order but neither work so can someone who...
  4. Server detects hard disks as read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server detects hard disks as read-only: I am finished with my nerves... I want to connect a hard drive to my server normally. but for some reason it doesn't work. Procedure: - NEW hard disk is connected not via Sata but via USB Type C directly on the mainboard- About the disk management I check if it was read...
  5. Server detects hard disks as read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server detects hard disks as read-only: I am finished with my nerves... I want to connect a hard drive to my server normally. but for some reason it doesn't work. Procedure: - NEW hard disk is connected not via Sata but via USB Type C directly on the mainboard- About the disk management I check if it was read...
  6. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.: Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using...
  7. External Hard Drive Only Reads as "Local Disk"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Only Reads as "Local Disk": Hello, I was able to fix one of my hard drives with a simple step, hopefully, I can fix another! I have a WD Easystore HDD that has a lot of good graphic design material I can't lose. However, when I plug it in, the File Folder freezes up, and Disk Management hasn't loaded...
  8. System disk read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System disk read only: Hi, I have 2 SSDs on my PC. The SSD where system is installed is on read only. I uncheck in Properties menu and it's the same when I reload. I can't put any Origin games on C:\ for example, because it tells me that is read only. I'm with my administrator account. Can you...
  9. Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart: So about a year ago I made this drive into a recovery drive. However, the last time my computer had an issue that would require this drive, it didn't show up as a recovery drive when plugged in. I have decided that I would like to reuse this drive however when I attempted to...
  10. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...