Windows 10: Disk drive is 1TB but shows up as 476gb, why is it so?

Discus and support Disk drive is 1TB but shows up as 476gb, why is it so? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there , my computer has 1TB hard drive only harddrive c:/ its concerning that it only shows up as 476 GB 144gb available and its my only harddrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kamikoza, Oct 8, 2024 at 2:12 AM.

1. Kamikoza Win User

Disk drive is 1TB but shows up as 476gb, why is it so?

Hi there , my computer has 1TB hard drive only harddrive c:/ its concerning that it only shows up as 476 GB 144gb available and its my only harddrive with OS C on it. Any hints and to dos?

:)

2. Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Oct 8, 2024 at 2:13 AM
  3. Missing storage space on 1Tb hard drive

? What part of this post was about cleaning disk.

It was about he believes a 1TB drive is close to 990GB in size which 932GB would be max drive size.

Then he needed to remove the EFI partition on disk 1 D:\

4. malware Win User

Seagate Confirms 1TB Hard Disk Drive

For now 300 terabyte storage devices may sound like science fiction, but again Seagate discovered plans to release 1TB hard disk drive products within 6 months. The 1TB hard disk drive will be based on perpendicular recording technology. The 1TB Barracuda from Seagate Technology is expected to hit the market sometime in the first half of this calendar year. No additional information available.

Source: DailyTech

Thema:

1. Disk drive is 1TB but shows up as 476gb, why is it so? - Similar Threads - Disk drive 1TB

2. Disk drive is 1TB but shows up as 476gb, why is it so?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk drive is 1TB but shows up as 476gb, why is it so?: Hi there , my computer has 1TB hard drive only harddrive c:/ its concerning that it only shows up as 476 GB 144gb available and its my only harddrive with OS C on it. Any hints and to dos?...
  3. Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...: ....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up/d1658e94-351e-4268-a955-feb12b98f91c
  4. Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...: ....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up/d1658e94-351e-4268-a955-feb12b98f91c
  5. My PNY 1TB Drive isn't showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PNY 1TB Drive isn't showing up.: Hi there. My PNY SSD is not showing up on my Disk management. I need some help based on this. anybody got tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pny-1tb-drive-isnt-showing-up/c0fd3619-f660-4bad-b680-3edc6c32b01f
  6. My PNY 1TB Drive isn't showing up.

My PNY 1TB Drive isn't showing up.: Hi there. My PNY SSD is not showing up on my Disk management. I need some help based on this. anybody got tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pny-1tb-drive-isnt-showing-up/c0fd3619-f660-4bad-b680-3edc6c32b01f
  7. 1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?: So i swapped over to linux a few months ago but have recently swapped back over to windows today. Unfortunatly that caused a lot of problems with my computer. I think i had raid or something similar when swapping ver to linux so it was dissabled in the process. After swapping...
  8. 1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?: So i swapped over to linux a few months ago but have recently swapped back over to windows today. Unfortunatly that caused a lot of problems with my computer. I think i had raid or something similar when swapping ver to linux so it was dissabled in the process. After swapping...
  9. 1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?

10. 3TB disk showing as 1TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3TB disk showing as 1TB: Hi, I've just installed a 3TB Toshiba hdwd130 and it's only showing as 1TB? I've used 2TB disks before, but this is the first 3TB disk I've tried to use. The disk controller on the MB is an RS880P. I've checked and the drivers all appear to be the latest. Any ideas...