Windows 10: Disk D missing

Discus and support Disk D missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Last night everything looked fine but the next day when I turned on the laptop suddenly the following message appeared.."D:\Desktop is unavailable. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Farhan Imam Maulana, Sep 19, 2024 at 12:17 AM.

1. Disk D missing

Last night everything looked fine but the next day when I turned on the laptop suddenly the following message appeared.."D:\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."when checking the disk in file manager, disk D disappeared I have tried adding it in disk management but can't find it. and I tried looking in cmd poi

:)

Farhan Imam Maulana, Sep 19, 2024 at 12:17 AM

2. local disk D is missing

my disk D is missing and when i check at the disk management, it's not there too. i tried troubleshooting and else but still no sign of disk D. it happened before but a few days after that it suddenly appeared.

3. D Drive Missing After Fragmentation

Hi dear, My name is Erfan and I'll be more than happy to help you out today!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

I suggest you try the steps that I mentioned below:

Check your BIOS for drive detection.

Check the connections between your D drive and computer.

Check Disk Management for the D drive and assign a drive letter if necessary.

Run a disk check on the D drive for errors.

Try using a data recovery tool to retrieve any data from the missing drive.

I hope this information could help you to fix this issue!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Erfan

4. Disk D missing

D Drive Missing After Fragmentation

Hi,

As the title suggests, my D drive has gone missing after fragmentation.

I have tried to rescan disks in disk management, update driver in device manager, uninstalled recent windows updates but still unable to locate my D drive.

Based on event logs, it’s showing me event ID 51.

D drive was able to be fragmented on 1st May 2023 and on 2nd May onwards, it just went missing.

Any idea what else I could do?

Thank you!

Thema:

Disk D missing

1. Disk D missing - Similar Threads - Disk missing

2. Disk D missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk D missing: Last night everything looked fine but the next day when I turned on the laptop suddenly the following message appeared.."D:\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the...
  3. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...: I have an SSD for the system and a separate 500 gb HDD for files, and as stated, everything on my HDD is gone. I don't know what caused it, Its not on my recycled bin, I haven't noticed any changes on my system drive. Everything was wiped out, it shows 465 gb free of 465 gb....
  4. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...: I have an SSD for the system and a separate 500 gb HDD for files, and as stated, everything on my HDD is gone. I don't know what caused it, Its not on my recycled bin, I haven't noticed any changes on my system drive. Everything was wiped out, it shows 465 gb free of 465 gb....
  5. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

6. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  7. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  8. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  9. Disk partition missing on startup

Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  10. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing