Windows 10: Disappearance of "Ethernet" option

Discus and support Disappearance of "Ethernet" option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to check on my network connectivity status today with my HP laptop 15t-dy200 model with windows 11 OS and I discovered I couldn't find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Friday Amaechi, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Disappearance of "Ethernet" option

I was trying to check on my network connectivity status today with my HP laptop 15t-dy200 model with windows 11 OS and I discovered I couldn't find the 'Ethernet' option after doing the following: Open Settings > Network & internet. The only setting options I see are WiFi; VPN; Mobile Hotspot; Aeroplane mode; Proxy; Dial-Up; and Advanced Network settings. As a result, I can not use the laptop to reassign IP settings manually especially when I need to use a console to connect to another network that requires static ip configuration. What should I do to recover the Ethernet settings

:)

Friday Amaechi, Nov 6, 2023

2. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Nov 6, 2023
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Disappearance of "Ethernet" option [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 6, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Disappearance of "Ethernet" option

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2023
Thema:

Disappearance of "Ethernet" option

1. Disappearance of "Ethernet" option - Similar Threads - Disappearance Ethernet option

2. Ethernet Option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Option is missing: i lost the ethernet option after i change the name, there was no ethernet option in network and internet settings at all.how to fixed it on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-option-is-missing/f7ee4a0a-6e91-43cc-854f-bbe1d94f8a24
  3. Ethernet Option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Option is missing: i lost the ethernet option after i change the name, there was no ethernet option in network and internet settings at all.how to fixed it on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-option-is-missing/f7ee4a0a-6e91-43cc-854f-bbe1d94f8a24
  4. Ethernet Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Driver Disappearing: Hello,My ethernet driver keeps deleting itself randomly every evening - and I mean deleting, not just disabling. It does not exist in device manager even when I show hidden options. I have reset network adapters, looked for updates of which there are none, and tried numerous...
  5. Ethernet Driver Disappearing

Ethernet Driver Disappearing: Hello,My ethernet driver keeps deleting itself randomly every evening - and I mean deleting, not just disabling. It does not exist in device manager even when I show hidden options. I have reset network adapters, looked for updates of which there are none, and tried numerous...
  6. Disappearance of "Ethernet" option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearance of "Ethernet" option: I was trying to check on my network connectivity status today with my HP laptop 15t-dy200 model with windows 11 OS and I discovered I couldn't find the 'Ethernet' option after doing the following: Open Settings > Network & internet. The only setting options I see are WiFi;...
  7. Ethernet Options Not Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Options Not Available: I have plugged in my ethernet cable into my PC and into the router. The ethernet option does not appear in the Network & Internet settings, can you please assist....
  8. Ethernet Options Not Available

Ethernet Options Not Available: I have plugged in my ethernet cable into my PC and into the router. The ethernet option does not appear in the Network & Internet settings, can you please assist....
  9. Ethernet Options Not Available

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. ethernet driver disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet driver disappear: My ethernet driver got just disappeared because i disabled it by mistake so i found a sol to it if same thing happens with you then 1. win+r and type "devmgmt.msc" same as everyone tells u to do but now search for network adapters and in it realtek pci gbe family controler...