Windows 10: Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly.

Discus and support Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Oculus Link working on my computer and so far the only way I've gotten it working is disabling the integrated graphics on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSecondDirection, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly.

I'm trying to get Oculus Link working on my computer and so far the only way I've gotten it working is disabling the integrated graphics on my laptop. I have an AMD integrated gpu and an RTX 2060. But whenever I disable the AMD gpu the entire comuter lags, and any game that ran fine before runs at less than 30fps at max.

submitted by /u/TheSecondDirection
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSecondDirection, Jun 23, 2020

2. disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics

how do I disable graphics card and activate onboard graphics

randybutler, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does the issue occur with all the games or only with one particular game?
    • Are you aware of any major changes on the computer prior to this issue?

As you have mentioned that the Nvidia drivers are not latest, I suggest you to install the latest drivers and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Also, I would suggest to disable Intel graphics driver and check the system performance. Please follow the steps to disable Intel graphics driver:

1. Press Windows key + X, this will open the context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on Intel graphics driver and click on
      Disable device.
    5. This will disable the Intel graphics driver and all the programs should go through NVidia graphics driver.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly.

Recurring graphics glitches

The diagnosis steps for graphics issues include OS reinstall, driver updates, and then hardware replacement.

You've already performed the OS reinstall and probably the driver updates due to the OS reinstall. That leaves hardware replacement.

Your hardware list includes integrated graphics, and your mainboard has integrated graphics connectors.

So, remove your nVidia graphics card and connect your monitor(s) to the mainboard graphics connectors (you may need to make sure the onboard graphics are enabled in the BIOS, though this may be automatic when you've removed the graphics card).

You won't be able to test the nicer games, but you mention that the issues happen when the computer is just sitting idle too.

If the issues don't come back, then you've found your issue, and its the graphics card. The good news is that you can get quite good graphics cards for around $100 these days. I know that may be too much even (it's too much for me right now too, but thankfully my card is running OK), but it's not some super insane price like graphics cards can be at times.

music2myear, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly.

1. Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly. - Similar Threads - Disabling onboard integrated

2. What can cause poor relatively graphics performance in a computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can cause poor relatively graphics performance in a computer?: I have a laptop with a RTX 4090 gpu and have had low graphics performance in some games. Avatar I’ve had ~50fps sometimes dropping to 20 during cutscenes on max settings, 2560x1600p and have seen someone with the exact same laptop but a 4080 say they got 90fps on the same...
  3. What can cause poor relatively graphics performance in a computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can cause poor relatively graphics performance in a computer?: I have a laptop with a RTX 4090 gpu and have had low graphics performance in some games. Avatar I’ve had ~50fps sometimes dropping to 20 during cutscenes on max settings, 2560x1600p and have seen someone with the exact same laptop but a 4080 say they got 90fps on the same...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  6. Poor performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  7. KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.: KB4556799 installed on my machine last night at the end of the day. After installation, I had pretty severe impacts to FPS in Destiny 2, seeing frames drop from a norm of 100-120 down to below 60 in some instances. I have uninstalled the update and paused updates for the...
  8. disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics: how do I disable graphics card and activate onboard graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-gpu-and-activating-onboard-graphics/efd0d66f-cd28-46ea-aadd-7ab130f65d41
  9. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards: This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver) Desktop: FPS = 800-860 Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780...
  10. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards: This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver) Desktop: FPS = 800-860 Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780...