Windows 10: Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

Discus and support Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I inherited a remote machine at work. It is a Windows server 2016It has the Windows Network Multiplexor Adapter applied and utilizes two network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Brown 123, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

I inherited a remote machine at work. It is a Windows server 2016It has the Windows Network Multiplexor Adapter applied and utilizes two network portsHow can I disable or modify it so that I can add local firewall rulesI have tried adding firewall rules but whatever rules I add, they do not seem to apply

:)

Chris Brown 123, Aug 1, 2023
  2. myalo Win User

Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:

The results showed in the detailed list of rules in the Firewall app.

The settings of the Firewall for the "public" local network were

Firewall state: On inbound connections: Block outbound connections: Allow (default). My understanding is that specific rules take precedence over the general rules.

With these settings, I could not connect to the SQL server on this computer from another computer on the network. To troubleshoot, I ran nmap on the client computer and it showed that port 1433 is filtered. The only way I was able to make the connection is to change the firewall setting to: Inbound Connections - allow.

Question: Is this the correct and only way to let inbound traffic to SQL server on a Windows 10 computer?

Thanks in advance

myalo, Aug 1, 2023
  3. what does the microsoft network adapter multiplexor protocol do?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do let us know, what is the exact issue you are facing with Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol?

The Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol service is a kernel mode driver.
    The protocol is installed by default as part of the physical network adapter initialization for the first time.

The Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor protocol is checked in the teamed network adapter and unchecked in the physical network adapters that are part of the NIC Teaming. For example, if there are two physical network adapters
    in a team, the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor protocol will be disabled for these two physical network adapters and checked in the teamed adapter.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We are happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 1, 2023
  4. greedinaz Win User

Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

what does the microsoft network adapter multiplexor protocol do?

Perfect answer. Thank you. I searched for an hour trying to find out why MNAMP would not remain checked or what it was for.

Now I know.

Kudos to you.

greedinaz, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

1. Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules - Similar Threads - Disable network multiplexor

2. Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable network multiplexor or add local firewall rules: I inherited a remote machine at work. It is a Windows server 2016It has the Windows Network Multiplexor Adapter applied and utilizes two network portsHow can I disable or modify it so that I can add local firewall rulesI have tried adding firewall rules but whatever rules I...
  3. Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network: I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "SQLServer default instance" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 1433 -Protocol TCP -Action AllowThe results showed in the detailed...
  4. Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network: I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "SQLServer default instance" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 1433 -Protocol TCP -Action AllowThe results showed in the detailed...
  5. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  6. Apply local firewall rules

Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  7. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  9. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  10. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"