Windows 10: disable Family features pop up

Discus and support disable Family features pop up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm sorry but i'm getting pissed off. For months now i get de family features pop up when logging into my windows 11 machine. even when i log into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GuyHungens, Jun 30, 2024 at 1:07 PM.

1. disable Family features pop up

I'm sorry but i'm getting pissed off. For months now i get de family features pop up when logging into my windows 11 machine. even when i log into the family features it does it again the next time. I've seen other posts with the same issue and then some admins advice is to leave the family group. How in the world is that a fix, let me make this clear. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THE FAMILY GROUP. Why do you brilliant devs just fix the problem instead of coming with solutions which arent solutions. I've tried to disable it in services but it doesn't even show up in there so now i don't know what to

:)

2. Stop the Family Feature Pop Up

Microsoft already told me to to the following. I have tried them, but they do not work. Microsoft Family Features do not show up.

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter.
    • In the User Accounts window, select your account and uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
    • Click Apply and enter your password if prompted.
    • Restart your computer and check if the pop-up still appears.

If the above steps do not work, you can try disabling the Microsoft Family Features service by following these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type "services.msc" and press Enter.
    • In the Services window, scroll down and locate the "Microsoft Family Features" service.
    • Right-click on the service and select Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to "Disabled" and click Apply.
    • Restart your computer and check if the pop-up still appears.

I have tried these steps but they do not work. I still get the popup. During a proctored final exam, it popped up and I got flagged for cheating. I may be expelled from school because no one could help me figure out how to prevent the popup. How do I prevent this popup from happening? I am fed up with this. I have already performed these troubleshooting steps and Microsoft Family Features does not show up within them.

Reisen Inaba, Jun 30, 2024 at 1:10 PM
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

4. disable Family features pop up

Family Features pop up

Hi there, I keep getting a pop up asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account to turn on family features but I don't wish to. How do I disable this pop up?

Thema:

disable Family features pop up

1. disable Family features pop up - Similar Threads - disable Family features

2. disable Family features pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable Family features pop up: I'm sorry but i'm getting pissed off. For months now i get de family features pop up when logging into my windows 11 machine. even when i log into the family features it does it again the next time. I've seen other posts with the same issue and then some admins advice is to...
  3. Microsoft Family Features Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Features Pop-up: I’m very annoyed at the fact that it keeps popping up in the middle of my screen especially since I read another forum post that said I just have to remove the family features from my accounts which I did along with restarting. moral of the story is I can’t get rid of what I...
  4. Microsoft Family Features Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Features Pop-up: I’m very annoyed at the fact that it keeps popping up in the middle of my screen especially since I read another forum post that said I just have to remove the family features from my accounts which I did along with restarting. moral of the story is I can’t get rid of what I...
  5. Microsoft Family Features Pop up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features Pop up: Hello, I have a problem many other people have. The Microsoft family feature pop up spam is becoming really annoying at the moment, especially when I am doing important things on my computer. However, when I sign in to my account, it stops the spamming. After a day though, it...
  6. Microsoft Family Features pop up

Microsoft Family Features pop up: My son keeps getting a Microsoft Family Features pop up that wants him to sign in. He can't get rid of the pop up. I even deleted him from our family account and he still keeps getting this pop up. We've read all of the "How to delete a family member" articles and "How to...
  7. Microsoft family features pop up

Microsoft family features pop up: I have only recently in last week keep getting these this pop op to sign into the family features. I have checked and was somehow in one and removed myself from the family and still get the pop ups. how to I stop these pop ups when I'mNOT in a family group? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Family Features Pop Up

Microsoft Family Features Pop Up: Every 20 seconds or so I get a pop up from Microsoft Family Features asking to "Sign in so you don't miss out". It asks me to input my PIN. Every time I try to put in a PIN it says "Something went wrong try again later". I don't know my PIN so i go in to settings to try and...
  9. How to disable Windows Family Features Pop Up?

How to disable Windows Family Features Pop Up?: Referring to this locked thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-microsoft-family-features-pop-up/364076ed-7403-4b49-8fb0-631b0fb4253f I too have this issue, with these pop ups coming up every 15 minutes. I am the only account,...
  10. Family Features pop up

Family Features pop up: Hi there, I keep getting a pop up asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account to turn on family features but I don't wish to. How do I disable this pop up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-features-pop-up/283a30e4-0f64-411b-baa5-6b030f4407ff"