Windows 10: Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file.

Discus and support Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I left my gaming pc on overnight and in the morning my pc was is BiOS mode MSI. I exited out and it brought up the blue screen saying,Recovery Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrGhosty, Mar 14, 2024.

1. MrGhosty Win User

Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file.

I left my gaming pc on overnight and in the morning my pc was is BiOS mode MSI. I exited out and it brought up the blue screen saying,Recovery Your Pc/Device needs to be repaired The digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified Error code: 0xc0000428You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any installation medialike a disc or USB device, contact your PC Administrator or pc/device manufacturer. Press F1 to enter recovery Environment When I press F1 its returns to the same blue screen.Press ESC for UEFI Firmware settings Returns me to the BiOS MSI I’ve also resear

:)

MrGhosty, Mar 14, 2024
  2. Jose Est Win User

Error 0xc0000428 (the digital signature of this file couldn't be verified) with no listed file

Hi Josh,

Error 0xc0000428, "The digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified" is caused by corrupted or missing file.

The first thing we need to do to resolve this issue is rebuild Boot Manager and perform a Startup Repair. To this, follow the steps below:

• On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power >
      Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >
      Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    • This will result in opening of Command Prompt at boot.
    • You’ll be asked to choose an account to continue. Next, in the Command Prompt window, type these one by one and press
      Enter key after each:
      • C:
      • cd boot
      • attrib bcd -s -h -r
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    • Close Command Prompt and perform Startup or Automatic repair using the steps below:
      • On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power >
        Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).
      • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >
        Advanced options > Startup Repair.
      • Your system will reboot and will perform a repair.
      • Follow the next instructions, it may ask you for a username and password.
      • Once the Automatic or Startup Repair has been completed, your system will automatically reboot to normal mode.
    Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Mar 14, 2024
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 14, 2024
  4. Vj Santos Win User

Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file.

Installing Windows 10/11 in my newly built Asus PC but Error 0xc0000428 (the digital signature of this file couldn't be verified) occurs

Error 0xc0000428 (the digital signature of this file couldn't be verified) with no listed file

I am installing a Windows 10/11 from Media creation tool of Microsoft, but Windows Boot Manager will appear and said Repair my pc or Error 0x0000428, I cannot install operating system on it. What Procedure will I do?

Vj Santos, Mar 14, 2024
Thema:

1. Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file. - Similar Threads - Digital signature file

2. Windows 11 cannot verify digital signature for this file. Error code: 0xc0000428 after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot verify digital signature for this file. Error code: 0xc0000428 after...: So I have recently installed windows 7 with windows 11 dualbooted on same disk but after that windload.efi got corrupted I assume. Because of that, i've been on windows 7 for about a week and it's been fine. The problem is that I have to do stuff on windows 11 that won't work...
  3. Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified error 0xc000042, no listed file.: I left my gaming pc on overnight and in the morning my pc was is BiOS mode MSI. I exited out and it brought up the blue screen saying,Recovery Your Pc/Device needs to be repaired The digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified Error code: 0xc0000428You’ll need to use...
  4. PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified': PC randomly turned itself off last night and constantly boots to a BSOD with the following text:RecoveryThe Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be VerifiedError Code: 0xc0000428Press F1 to enter Recovery EnvironmentPress Esc for UEFI Firmware SettingsWe've attempted...
  5. PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified'

PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified': PC randomly turned itself off last night and constantly boots to a BSOD with the following text:RecoveryThe Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be VerifiedError Code: 0xc0000428Press F1 to enter Recovery EnvironmentPress Esc for UEFI Firmware SettingsWe've attempted...
  6. Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428: Hi, I'm getting a blue screen with this error code. Full text as follows.."RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repaired.The digital signature for this file couldn't be verified. Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media...
  7. Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428

Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428: Hi, I'm getting a blue screen with this error code. Full text as follows.."RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repaired.The digital signature for this file couldn't be verified. Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media...
  8. Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  10. Failed to verify digital signature

Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e