Windows 10: Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public...

Discus and support Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public network when I use USB tethering between my smartphone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mazenmohammad, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public...

Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public network when I use USB tethering between my smartphone and the computer. I recorded the screen but question section doesn't support videos.

:)

mazenmohammad, Dec 23, 2021

2. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 23, 2021
  3. PatA& Win User
    Changing wifi settings from public to private

I have seen the same question being asked with the same answer that apparently does not exist: I want to change my WiFi connection from public to private. The suggestion I keep seeing is:

1. On the right side of the taskbar, select the Wi-Fi network icon.
    2. Under the name of the Wi-Fi network that you’re connected to, select
      Properties
    3. Under Network profile, select Public or
      Private
    Well I am running WIndows Home version 1903 and there is no link called
    Network profile
    where I can select between Public or
    Private

PatA&, Dec 23, 2021
  4. Winuser Win User

Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public...

Private or Public

I just noticed in Windows defender My network is listed as public. Does it matter if my network is listed as private or public. I found how to change it if I have to. I just want to know if it matters. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. In the network box on the task bar it only shows my wi-fi connections and not my wired connection. I'm connected by wire to the router. I'm using build 10162 upgraded from Windows 8.1.1.

Winuser, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public...

1. Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public... - Similar Threads - Did problem happend

2. Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public...: Did this problem happend with anyone else? windows keeps moving between private and public network when I use USB tethering between my smartphone and the computer. I recorded the screen but question section doesn't support videos....
  3. Public or Private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public or Private: I have a PC on my network connected via Ethernet, should I set the network profile to Public or Private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/public-or-private/b5726991-3097-48a7-8942-a09107bd04d3
  4. Did anyone else catch this informality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did anyone else catch this informality?: I found this in Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 19041.329[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-anyone-else-catch-this-informality/13a73785-2dea-47d9-817f-2aeecf6ec3ad
  5. wifi keeps switching from private to public

wifi keeps switching from private to public: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem on my laptop (Windows 10 home, ver 1803). My wireless connection worked for a year and a half without any problems, but this morning it suddenly switched from private to public and its name from the right one to "unidentified...
  6. Public to Private

Public to Private: Can't switch from public to private with 1083 build. Is there a solution? I've tried some from the internet, none worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/public-to-private/19e102bf-9b7f-43d5-8d3b-affc260109c3
  7. Can't split networks between Public and Private

Can't split networks between Public and Private: New Win10 Pro install from scratch on a laptop with both a wi-fi and wired ethernet connections. The wi-fi connects to a router on 192.168.253.x, and that router connects to the Internet. The IP is delivered by the DHCP server based on the MAC address. The wired...
  8. Private or Public

Private or Public: I just noticed in Windows defender My network is listed as public. Does it matter if my network is listed as private or public. I found how to change it if I have to. I just want to know if it matters. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. In the network box...
  9. Network property keeps changing between public and private

Network property keeps changing between public and private: This is really frustrating with Microsoft. The Network used to be stable and reliable, but it is not anymore. We have several PCs in the house and some are hardwired and some are on wifi. They used to be accessible on a private network which was set in every PC. For a...
  10. Private and Public Network Problem

Private and Public Network Problem: Here's what I am trying to accomplish We have events at different locations where we need a private network. The network is wired between a workstation (that acts as a server) and 2-4 data input stations. They are all connected through a switch, which is connected to a...