Windows 10: Did my GPU overheat or is it something else

Discus and support Did my GPU overheat or is it something else in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was home alone on saturday so i decided to game for 12 hours straight, woke up next day and played on the PC for about 6 hours before the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hieudaripacc, Sep 29, 2024 at 9:42 AM.

1. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else

I was home alone on saturday so i decided to game for 12 hours straight, woke up next day and played on the PC for about 6 hours before the following happened:-I was playing roblox and ALL audio froze, roblox also closed itself-PC restarted after 2 minute of doing nothing after the roblox crash-It booted but screen were not displaying anything-Pressed restart button and it didnt restart immediately respond 15 seconds later-Booted but screen were not displaying, even losing signal. Keyboard and mouse signal were lost-Me and my older brother tested it on another monitor after a while and it sa

:)

hieudaripacc, Sep 29, 2024 at 9:42 AM

2. Installing GPU Driver Causes Overheat Errors until Driver Rollback

I have installed all the latest drivers for all hardware except for the latest driver for Nvidia GTX 460. Upon GPU driver install the PC shuts down and I receive CPU overheat errors until I get to Microsoft restore screen. CPU Hot test shows everything
    runs without fails when running Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Is my GPU bad? Could it be the CPU cooler or bad temp readings from the BIOS? I am not sure what steps to take to test the GPU at this point.

3. qubit Win User
    GPU Overheats no matter what!

Did the card overheat before you first removed the heatsink? If so, this could be a manufacturing fault. Also check the GPU voltage and clock speeds and compare it to the good card. Also, is it still under warranty?

Run MSI AfterBurner and check the fan speeds, especially compared to the good card. You might find that they're spinning too slow for whatever reason and hence the card overheats.

Good suggestion from @64K above. You can also try running one card at a time.

EDIT: Dang, three posts within the same minute!

4. Kyle Win User

Did my GPU overheat or is it something else

[STOP 0x124] Playing RDR2 (GPU Overheat?)

I was playing RDR2 for roughly 45 minutes (this is the third time its crashed now) with a constant temp of 70-80'C on my GPU. Despite the temperature, I have an AC (portable unit) blowing cold air at high speed over the GPU and motherboard with 2 ice packs in water in the water tank (for the AC) so it provides more cold air... but alas this is not stopping my PC from shutting down when ingame between 70-80C. *Sad Although my CPU is overclocked (8%) the system does not shut down playing other games such as GTA5, GTA Trilogy, SpaceEngine, Elite Dangerous, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, or FarCry6. Only on RDR2. *Sad Edit: I should mention that I've had this current overclock now for a while and I've only started having BSOD shutdowns playing the game today. It's not been doing this since I installed RDR2. *Sad
    Did my GPU overheat or is it something else 382361d1672569605t-stop-0x124-playing-rdr2-gpu-overheat-winver_gqfyvadorx.png

Did my GPU overheat or is it something else 382362d1672569605t-stop-0x124-playing-rdr2-gpu-overheat-aida64_tfz8nyspfp.png
    AMD FX-8350 @ 4357.49 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR -PC-(2023-01-01_10-29-48).zip EDIT2: I don't understand how the GPU goes from 78'C on RDR2 (then quit the game back to desktop) and IMMEDIATELY the temperature drops to 46'C...
    Did my GPU overheat or is it something else 382365d1672571059t-stop-0x124-playing-rdr2-gpu-overheat-nvidia_share_plbgpxuk9t.png

Thema:

Did my GPU overheat or is it something else

1. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else - Similar Threads - Did GPU overheat

2. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else said to be Abnormal Shutdown in sleepstudy html

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Did my GPU overheat or is it something else said to be Abnormal Shutdown in sleepstudy html: I was home alone on saturday so i decided to game for 12 hours straight, woke up next day and played on the PC for about 6 hours before the following happened:-I was playing roblox and ALL audio froze, roblox also closed itself-PC restarted after 2 minute of doing nothing...
  3. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else said to be Abnormal Shutdown in sleepstudy html

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did my GPU overheat or is it something else said to be Abnormal Shutdown in sleepstudy html: I was home alone on saturday so i decided to game for 12 hours straight, woke up next day and played on the PC for about 6 hours before the following happened:-I was playing roblox and ALL audio froze, roblox also closed itself-PC restarted after 2 minute of doing nothing...
  4. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else said to be Abnormal Shutdown in sleepstudy html

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Did my GPU overheat or is it something else: I was home alone on saturday so i decided to game for 12 hours straight, woke up next day and played on the PC for about 6 hours before the following happened:-I was playing roblox and ALL audio froze, roblox also closed itself-PC restarted after 2 minute of doing nothing...
  6. Did my GPU overheat or is it something else

Did my GPU overheat or is it something else: I was home alone on saturday so i decided to game for 12 hours straight, woke up next day and played on the PC for about 6 hours before the following happened:-I was playing roblox and ALL audio froze, roblox also closed itself-PC restarted after 2 minute of doing nothing...
  7. How do I fix this issue gpu or something else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this issue gpu or something else: So I have a computer that a few days ago started to display the color black as green in the bios then loading screen but when it gets into windows it goes to normal. Not an issue until I tried installing chrome flex where my motherboard was showing on the qcode it was booted...
  8. How do I fix this issue gpu or something else

How do I fix this issue gpu or something else: So I have a computer that a few days ago started to display the color black as green in the bios then loading screen but when it gets into windows it goes to normal. Not an issue until I tried installing chrome flex where my motherboard was showing on the qcode it was booted...
  9. Something else that I noticed on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something else that I noticed on my computer: When I go into a new tab, the bookmarks I have are gone. Some say this is a recommended interface and meant to happen, but I don't think the bookmarks disappearing should happen. Even when I press Restore and go into a tab, the notifications don't show up at all. I have a...
  10. Possible CPU Overheat... or something

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Possible CPU Overheat... or something: When I was playing a game all of the sudden it crashed, my monitor went to sleep and I hear a fan inside my computer starting to blow like crazy. Since nothing else seems to happen I turned off the computer by holding the on/off-switch. This has happen with three graphicly...