Windows 10: Did a full reset now it asks for login

Discus and support Did a full reset now it asks for login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So we have too many desktops running around this house. None of us are very good at operating systems, however. I being Dad decided I would gift an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KevinForbes4, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Did a full reset now it asks for login

So we have too many desktops running around this house. None of us are very good at operating systems, however. I being Dad decided I would gift an HP Pavilion all in one to a college student needing a computer. I back uped all our pictures and docs on an external hard drive. Then performed the full reset. This took a long time. Now when it is turned on it goes to the login screen. User photo thing is PC and nothing I have tried works. I have tried system recovery and restoration. How can we log in?

:)

KevinForbes4, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2021
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 19, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Did a full reset now it asks for login

Unable to login to Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Phone after Hard reset

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

• Have you tried to reset your account password?
    If no, I would suggest you to reset your password and try to login and check if it helps.
    Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

Did a full reset now it asks for login

1. Did a full reset now it asks for login - Similar Threads - Did full reset

2. Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation: At least 4 or 5 months ago I upgraded from Windows 10 to the free upgrade of Windows 11. Everything has been going great and then all of the sudden today it starts saying it isn't activated. Put a nice watermark on the screen during a work Zoom meeting. I don't have a key for...
  3. Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation: At least 4 or 5 months ago I upgraded from Windows 10 to the free upgrade of Windows 11. Everything has been going great and then all of the sudden today it starts saying it isn't activated. Put a nice watermark on the screen during a work Zoom meeting. I don't have a key for...
  4. Did a full reset now it asks for login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Did a full reset now it asks for login: So we have too many desktops running around this house. None of us are very good at operating systems, however. I being Dad decided I would gift an HP Pavilion all in one to a college student needing a computer. I back uped all our pictures and docs on an external hard drive....
  5. Did a full reset now it asks for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did a full reset now it asks for login: So we have too many desktops running around this house. None of us are very good at operating systems, however. I being Dad decided I would gift an HP Pavilion all in one to a college student needing a computer. I back uped all our pictures and docs on an external hard drive....
  6. Windows 8 upgraded to 10. The I did full reset. Now asking product key to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 upgraded to 10. The I did full reset. Now asking product key to activate: I have the dell laptop which before has the windows 8 from the purchase. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 . And something happened i did the full reset using delete all files . Windows 10 installed everything alright but now its asking product key to activate windows 10 . What...
  7. I DID A RESET ON MY LAPTOP AND IT DID NOT ASK ME TO DO STEPS OF SETUP AND TOOK ME TO LOGIN...

I DID A RESET ON MY LAPTOP AND IT DID NOT ASK ME TO DO STEPS OF SETUP AND TOOK ME TO LOGIN...: I did a rest on my laptop, after all the loading it did, some updates after that it should have took me to setup for creating account, setting password and others steps but it only gave me two steps that are, accept terms and conditions, and to connect to a network. After...
  8. I did a full factory reset and it's been stuck on 99% for about 34 hours now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did a full factory reset and it's been stuck on 99% for about 34 hours now.: I had Windows 10 but it was originally a Windows 7. Considering it's not supported anymore, would that be why it's "stuck"? I don't know the specs but it's an ASUS ROG G75v. submitted by /u/p-sychi [link] [comments]...
  9. Did a reset this pc and now i get "other user" in login

Did a reset this pc and now i get "other user" in login: I just bought a used laptop and did a full reset from the windows and now after installing i get to the login screen and prompted with "other user" login and no other way to get in. I tried booting from safe mode and it says administrator welcome... then it goes into...
  10. Windows 10. Did a full reset to factory settings.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10. Did a full reset to factory settings.: Windows 10. Did a full reset to factory settings. "Other User" comes up and asks for user name or password word. None work. I'm locked out of my computer. Brand new Lenovo. No software came with computer and has a ssd drive....