Windows 10: Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another...

Discus and support Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title subject title says, i did a fresh install on my computer and then added windows 11 pro i bought. it now says '' We can't activate windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Durwesh Nusrat Naeem, Sep 5, 2024.

1. Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another...

As the title subject title says, i did a fresh install on my computer and then added windows 11 pro i bought. it now says '' We can't activate windows on this device because this product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn't used on another device, select troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C008 ''i ran the troubleshooter and to no avail, please i need helpbelow is a screenshot of CMD slmgr /dlv

:)

Durwesh Nusrat Naeem, Sep 5, 2024
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Windows product key/Fresh install

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• How you have installed windows 10 in your system, i.e., through windows upgrade or through clean installation.
    • When you say "unable to repair the software", how exactly you are trying repair the system?

If the Windows 10 was activated before the system crash happened, in such cases if you create a bootable Windows 10 drive and try to do a clean installation, it won’t ask for the product key. Once the installation is done, Windows 10 gets activated automatically.

Follow the below link to download the Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10

After downloading the Media Creation Tool, refer to the section Perform a clean installation using a USB or DVD under
    Using the media creation tool section in the above given link.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; before performing clean installation of window 10, we recommend you to try repairing the system using Windows 10 installation media.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 5, 2024
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 5, 2024
  4. Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 5, 2024
Thema:

Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another...

1. Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another... - Similar Threads - Did fresh install

2. Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did a fresh install of windows and now it is saying product key was already used on another...: As the title subject title says, i did a fresh install on my computer and then added windows 11 pro i bought. it now says '' We can't activate windows on this device because this product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn't used on another device,...
  3. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  4. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  5. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  6. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  7. Oem Product key already used after windows installation

Oem Product key already used after windows installation: I recently bought a new computer, and bought a Windows 10 pro OEM product key. I then inserted the key and installed windows, with no error. After it was done installing, it rebooted and brought me back to the installer screen. I was confused but I just inserted the product...
  8. Product Key says it is being used on another device?

Product Key says it is being used on another device?: Hi, I have had my computer for 4+ years, I recently got a new motherboard and CPU and re-installed windows, but was having issues with my PC bluescreening, and after running tests assumed my motherboard was no good. Just yesterday I got a new one, and obviously, my PC is...
  9. Can't activate Windows because "the product key was already used on another device".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows because "the product key was already used on another device".: I don't know what else to say here. I recently got the latest version of Windows 10 and I haven't had Windows 10 activated for a while. After resetting for the first time which was a year ago, I found that I was unable to activate windows again on this device because it was...
  10. Already used product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Already used product key: I bought an key for an Mircosoft product and when I wanted to use it it said it was already used. And if I want my Money back they said I have to know when the key was used. How do I find out [moved from German forums]...