Windows 10: Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro

Discus and support Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have a frustrating problem with my Win 11 Pro desktop wallpaper. It constantly is vanishing to a blank black screen. The only way I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Princess Wonder Woman, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro

Hello,I have a frustrating problem with my Win 11 Pro desktop wallpaper. It constantly is vanishing to a blank black screen. The only way I can get everything back is by going into Task Manager and restarting the Windows Explorer process.Any suggestions? Thank you.

:)

Princess Wonder Woman, Aug 17, 2024

2. W11 Pro - Wallpaper keeps vanishing to black background

Hello,

First, this is my current version of W11 Pro:

Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro KP0QX8qRkKBp1Fuu6CepgoX9UaJUuM35FTyrON9zI4jclM4%2foj7C4tQa1He0D2PFIAxY94D%2bh1z%2fwEt8U0rqWNg%3d.png

Second, now for the actual problem......

My wallpaper keeps vanishing to a black background.....I will set the image and it will be there for a while then it will just spontaneously go "POOF" and be gone and changed to a black background. Sometimes it will just start showing black squares behind the icons on the desktop first and then just go "POOF" and switch to black. This is not the screen shutting off or the laptop going to sleep/hibernate, the laptop stays on and functional as normal it is only the wallpaper image that vanishes.

Everything was working fine and then my Intel graphics software notified me there was an updated driver available so I went ahead and updated the driver. Then the problem started happening. I rolled back the driver and things got worse. The wallpaper was still vanishing but when I tried to apply the same image to use it started applying it oversized and blurry. Previously, the image was displaying perfectly on both the laptop display and the second monitor. I use the "FILL" setting both when it was working properly and after. I have even tried doing SFC /SCANNOW and found someone on the LTT (Linus Tech Tips) Discord and they took my images and ran them through an online image enhancement program. The image is displaying properly now but the problem with the wallpaper just going "POOF" and switching to black is still happening.

I do have one potential anomaly that could be the answer but, I am believing it is a longshot. The images I use are not located on my local drive they are stored on my QNAP NAS drive. I am believing it is a longshot because I am believing that W11 would import the image either into the OS or bring it over and put it on the local drive, I am not thinking it would leave it on the NAS and keep pulling it from there.....But, I could be wrong...I do not know how the developers programmed the OS "under the hood" functionality wise.

All assistance appreciated.

3. Windows 11 pro wallpaper reverting to black

Hello, I have been battling a gremlin for a couple of weeks now. Specs will be listed below. I run an app with the Steam client named “Wallpaper Engine” which is basically a giant platform for custom wallpapers and live wallpapers for windows. What has been happening is that this app automatically starts when windows starts, but after a few minutes the live wallpaper disappears and my desktop wallpaper just goes black. I have the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU. The app is located in my games drive which is not on the same drive as my windows drive.

I usually just open the app again and choose the live wallpaper and it goes back to normal, but than again after a few mins. Same issue…

Windows 11 pro 64

ASUS Z790 Maximus Hero Dark (latest Bios)

intel i9 14900k (latest chipset driver)

128gb Dominator DDR5

MSI RTX 4090 GPU (Latest Nvidia Drivers)

GFXHerrera, Aug 17, 2024
  4. Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro

W11 Pro - Wallpaper keeps vanishing to black background

Hello,

I just woke up (working on making my first cup of coffee) and just checked my laptop; so far the wallpaper is still showing and there are no black boxes appearing behind the icons on the desktop. I will update this post again later today as I work with my laptop.

Thema:

Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro

1. Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro - Similar Threads - Desktop wallpaper keeps

2. Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop wallpaper keeps vanishing to black screen Win 11 Pro: Hello,I have a frustrating problem with my Win 11 Pro desktop wallpaper. It constantly is vanishing to a blank black screen. The only way I can get everything back is by going into Task Manager and restarting the Windows Explorer process.Any suggestions? Thank you....
  3. desktop keep flashing black screen!!! windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop keep flashing black screen!!! windows 11: HELP!!! apps dosent flash task manager dont flash cursor dosent flashPLEASE HELP ASAP im freaking out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keep-flashing-black-screen-windows-11/e28b312e-6d30-4c50-b4b0-6af8e72d4a08
  4. desktop keep flashing black screen!!! windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop keep flashing black screen!!! windows 11: HELP!!! apps dosent flash task manager dont flash cursor dosent flashPLEASE HELP ASAP im freaking out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keep-flashing-black-screen-windows-11/e28b312e-6d30-4c50-b4b0-6af8e72d4a08
  5. Windows 11 pro wallpaper reverting to black

Windows 11 pro wallpaper reverting to black: Hello, I have been battling a gremlin for a couple of weeks now. Specs will be listed below. I run an app with the Steam client named “Wallpaper Engine” which is basically a giant platform for custom wallpapers and live wallpapers for windows. What has been happening is that...
  6. Windows 11 pro wallpaper reverting to black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro wallpaper reverting to black: Hello, I have been battling a gremlin for a couple of weeks now. Specs will be listed below. I run an app with the Steam client named “Wallpaper Engine” which is basically a giant platform for custom wallpapers and live wallpapers for windows. What has been happening is that...
  7. W11 Pro - Wallpaper keeps vanishing to black background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro - Wallpaper keeps vanishing to black background: Hello,First, this is my current version of W11 Pro:Second, now for the actual problem......My wallpaper keeps vanishing to a black background.....I will set the image and it will be there for a while then it will just spontaneously go "POOF" and be gone and changed to a black...
  8. W11 Pro - Wallpaper keeps vanishing to black background

W11 Pro - Wallpaper keeps vanishing to black background: Hello,First, this is my current version of W11 Pro:Second, now for the actual problem......My wallpaper keeps vanishing to a black background.....I will set the image and it will be there for a while then it will just spontaneously go "POOF" and be gone and changed to a black...
  9. Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10]: Hi. I have some problems with my desktop wallpaper. It turns black in any area that my desktop get's updated. For instance when i drag with my mouse to mark several icons on the desktop the area behind the blue marker-area tuns black but not the rest. Or When i right click...
  10. Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing: So the last two days I have noticed my desktop wallpaper either resizes itself to 1080p - I am on 4k - or it vanishes altogether. I have set slideshow to disable in power options. I turned theme sync off as I don't have any other windows devices, wonder how i reset the...