Windows 10: Desktop PC cannot see other computers on network

Discus and support Desktop PC cannot see other computers on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows desktop has recently stopped displaying network connections in file explorer. It is happily connected to the network and communicating as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yertiz, May 12, 2020.

1. yertiz Win User

Desktop PC cannot see other computers on network

My windows desktop has recently stopped displaying network connections in file explorer.

It is happily connected to the network and communicating as I can access it from my windows laptop. But as far as it is concerned there are no other computers on the network only network controllers and printers. I cannot therefore make contact with any other computers from the desktop.

The desktop upgraded to Version 1909(Build 18363.778) of Win 10 on 23 March 2020 but has certainly been displaying network connections since then. The only other recent change is to load Fujitsu ScanSnap software on this computer.

I have double checked, even triple checked, that all settings match those in the 10 Forums file sharing tutorial. So:
    SMB 1.0 is checked with automatic removal unchecked.
    SMB Direct is checked.
    Use sharing wizard is checked
    Function Discovery Resource Publication and Function Discovery Provider Host services are both running and set to start automatically
    Network discovery is on for both private and public networks
    File and printer sharing is on for both private and public networks
    Public folder sharing is on
    Password protected sharing is off
    128 bit encryption is on.

I would be grateful for any ideas on other settings which may be causing a problem.

:)

yertiz, May 12, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 12, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 12, 2020
  4. Groggubus Win User

Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop PC cannot see other computers on network - Similar Threads - Desktop cannot computers

2. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  3. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  4. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  6. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  7. Cannot see any other network computers

8. Cannot see other computers on private network

Cannot see other computers on private network: I am trying to set up my home network so I can access my other computers' files from one computer. I currently have 2 computers. Computer A Main and Computer B Secondary both on Private network. Computer B is able to see all of the shared folders Computer A has set AND...
  9. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  10. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot see network computer

2. other computers on network windows 10

3. cannot see other computers

4. cant see windows10 computer on the network