Windows 10: Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...

Discus and support Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an annoying issue, regarding application icons, which probably arose after a dreaded update:Icons setup on my desktop, for directory or files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kenneth Spencer, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...

I have an annoying issue, regarding application icons, which probably arose after a dreaded update:Icons setup on my desktop, for directory or files, have mutated into a useless blank bit of rubbish instead of the icons I set them up with. Now: the icons affected are still in the location in the network share for the application BUT they have been digested by Windows.However: if I put the very same icon file onto drive C: anywhere and link the Icon property on the desktop share to that icon file in that new l;ocation, it works, and WHOPEE - the icon re-appears!This looks as though some "upd

:)

Kenneth Spencer, Jul 22, 2024

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 22, 2024
  3. Lost desktop icons

Hi,

Misconfiguration in Windows Settings is the usual cause why the desktop icons are missing. If you did not manually delete the icons, you can try the following steps to be able to view the icons on your desktop.

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Make sure that the Show desktop icons option is checked.

Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ... bbea6e90-86ee-490b-865a-1c4f2d86e12e?upload=true.png
    If the same issue persists, you can restore your Windows 10 by using the system restore point. Visit this
    link for further information about the recovery options in Windows 10. Follow the steps under Restore from a system restore
    point.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 22, 2024
  4. ELI
    Eli Win User

Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...

Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts

I think all know this
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    check this

Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ... 88005d1485968805t-lost-all-desktop-icons-shortcuts-capture.png

and

Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ... 88006d1485968805t-lost-all-desktop-icons-shortcuts-ca1pture.png

If stuck use

Thema:

Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...

1. Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ... - Similar Threads - Desktop links LAN

2. Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...: I have an annoying issue, regarding application icons, which probably arose after a dreaded update:Icons setup on my desktop, for directory or files, have mutated into a useless blank bit of rubbish instead of the icons I set them up with. Now: the icons affected are still in...
  3. Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop links to LAN-based applications have lost thier icons ... BUT ...: I have an annoying issue, regarding application icons, which probably arose after a dreaded update:Icons setup on my desktop, for directory or files, have mutated into a useless blank bit of rubbish instead of the icons I set them up with. Now: the icons affected are still in...
  4. Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all: Is there a way to make programs only visible on specific desktops? For example I have a desktop that I have named "Games", how would I go about having the steam icon only show up on this desktop and no others. Right now when I create a new desktop it's and exact copy of the...
  5. Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all: Is there a way to make programs only visible on specific desktops? For example I have a desktop that I have named "Games", how would I go about having the steam icon only show up on this desktop and no others. Right now when I create a new desktop it's and exact copy of the...
  6. Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

Desktop applications not having icons, just text.: Yesterday, I log on to my pc like normal, and see that all my applications have no icons. Just wording for it. They all function properly. Properties will not open on any of the application on desktop. Icons will show on the start menu, but not on file explore. Some icons on...
  8. Lost Desktop icons

Lost Desktop icons: All my Desktop Icons vanished and can't get them back. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-icons/dff73362-0977-4f52-b19b-d53c69035492
  9. Lost desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost desktop icons: My wife was trying to delete document icons on screen two. She clicked one then hit shift to highlight them all. The problem lies in that she didn't release the shift button before moving the mouse toward the recycle bin. In her path, she wiped out multiple icons on screen...
  10. lost my desktop icons

lost my desktop icons: lost my original desktop and the icons, need help please to get back to original windows 10 and icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-desktop-icons/3106ac95-354b-4fc1-abe4-a01c22e1136b